
On Thursday Marshall and I experienced our first Wisconsin State Fair! We had heard so many great things about this fair and decided to take advantage of the opportunity this year. Richard had no desire to attend the fair so Marshall and I went with several other families from the branch. We had a great time with the company, but the fair was super crowded and so hot! We went on the first day and admission was only $2 if you brought two cans of food, so of course, the entire state was there! Well, not really, but that's what it felt like!

We saw lots and lots of cows, but I didn't really mind because the building they were in was nice and cold!

We also saw pigs, hogs, goats, and horses-so thrilling!
This is how Marshall passed most of his time at the fair-what a lucky guy! I wouldn't have minded taking a nap while being wheeled around! What a sweetie. :)

The fair is known for having amazingly delicious fried food that is served on a stick. I actually did not try any of this food because I couldn't afford to spend $50 to try it all, but I did split an elephant ear with a friend, its just a massive scone, and a gyro with another friend. The gyro was my first time trying lamb which kind of grossed me out at first, but once I tried it it was actually pretty good!
Other foods they had were fried Oreos, fried Snickers, fried cheesecake, and fried macaroni and cheese, all served on a stick! Oh yeah, they also had bacon dipped in chocolate, that sounds disgusting to me!

All in all, I'm glad we went. The company was a blast, the crowds and heat were horrible, but now I can say we've had the experience!
3 comments:
It looks like you had fun. I love the fair! I had never been until a couple years ago. Jackson was shocked and appalled that I had never been to one (since he's from the country and that is a must when you are from the country) so he took me to one. I love it and now we go back every year.
Wow, fried oreos? That's interesting. Sounds like an experience!
Awwww, my little city girl is growing up and finally discovering the joys of the country life :). Wish I could have been there with you; and by the way, marshall is absolutely adorable. He's getting big!
Post a Comment