Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Boys!


This is our big birthday weekend! Richard's 29th birthday is today and Marshall will celebrate his 1st birthday tomorrow! I love these two boys so much and I'm grateful to have them in my life. Richard is a wonderful husband and fantastic father and Marshall is just as cute and as cheerful as they come, for the most part. :)

Because this blog has pretty much become our family journal and scrapbook I just wanted to write a few things down for journal purposes...

The highlights of Richard's 29th year...

*
Becoming a father to little Marshall Cougar.
*Trips out west to see family for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
*A trip to the BYU bowl game in Vegas with his dad and good friend, Marshall. Too bad the Cougars lost, but still fun for him.

*
Many publications, presentations, and an award for his summer research.
*Successfully completed his second year of medical school and took the step one boards-whew, what a relief to have that out of the way!
*Spending time with his amazing wife and adorable son! :)

Marshall at age one...

First of all, I cannot even believe how fast this last year has gone by. I vividly remember everything about September 5, 2008. Up at 5:00 am, checked into the hospital at 6:00, antibiotics at 6:30, pitocin at 6:45, water broke at 7:45, epidural at 10:30 (hooray!), watched "The Office" and slept until 1:50 (that's the way to experience labor!), started pushing at 2:00 and Marshall was born at 3:47 pm weighing 8 lbs. 2.5 oz. and 20 3/4 inches long. I had no idea how much love and attachment I would instantly develop for this little guy. He has completely changed my life and I am so grateful for every single day I have with him. Well, sorry for all the mushy stuff-I'm just a sentimental girl. :) On to Marshall...

Here's what Marshall is doing at age one...

*Sleeping approximately 12 hours each night and taking two, two hour naps each day, with the exception of this last week. Maybe he is sensing birthday excitment, let's hope so.
*Favorite foods include anything with cheese, green beans, fruit, especially raspberries.
*Loves to play with cell phones, keys, video game controllers, and look at his books.
*He loves to play peek-a-boo with his hands, blankets, curtains, shower liner, basically anything he can hide behind.
*He has developed a fascination with himself in the mirror, it is hilarious to watch.
*He loves to be chased and gets a kick out of someone running after him.
*And of course I have to mention his love of walking and being outside. A few days ago I took him outside in the morning and in 30 minutes he had walked 4 blocks all by himself. Later that night we were all outside and I took him in to work on dinner and Richard was outside grilling. Marshall started crying as soon as we walked in and continued to do so for the next five minutes until I opened the door and took him back out.

Well, those are my great boys. I'm so grateful for them and I love them so much!

If you would like to continue reminiscing with me here are some pictures of Marshall's first year.










2 comments:

Nate said...

I didn't realize Marshall and Adalie shared a birthday just one year apart. Awesome. He is a very cute little boy. I hope I have a boy next!!

Megan King said...

So cute! Birthday wishes to all! Enjoy the celebrations.