Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One Year Older and Wiser Too...



Well folks, I hit the big 2-6 yesterday! And surprisingly, it felt great and I still feel young. :) It was a wonderful day and little celebrations will continue to happen throughout the week, my favorite! Anyway, in keeping with Richard and Marshall's birthday posts, I've decided that we will make it a Leake birthday tradition to record the highlights of the last year for the birthday person, so here they are...

* A wonderful year as a mom. I have adored having Marshall around; he is so cute and so funny and has taught me so much in the last 13 months.
*Introduced dance into a local public school by designing and teaching three dance units.
* Made three wonderful trips out west to see family.
* Called to the primary, and have loved getting to know all the kids and especially the wonderful women I am serving with, they have all become great friends.
* Moved in to a three-bedroom apartment; it makes me feel so grown up!
* Trained for and successfully ran a half-marathon!
* Spent twelve wonderful months with my incredible husband and adorable son!

Here's to another year; it will be a great one!

3 comments:

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

Sounds like it was a good year! Happy Birthday!!! I hope you do really fun things all week and love every minute of it!!!

Janie Mann said...

Happy Birthday Jenny, It seems like not too long ago we were celebrating your bday with Brick Oven! I am amazed all you have accomplished in the past year, you're an amazing woman. I hope to get about half that list done in my next year. Love you-Janie

Shalet said...

happy belated birthday!