Sunday, December 27, 2009

Utah Trip-Part 2

The last night Marshall and I were in Utah we had the annual Yancey Family Christmas Eve dinner and program a couple of nights early. This has been a long-standing tradition with my mom's side of the family and my Grandma Yancey's highlight of the year.

This tradition began with young grandchildren playing simple Christmas songs on my grandma's piano and it probably lasted all of ten minutes. Over the years the talents have grown to include other instruments and singing. This year was perhaps the biggest and best year ever. We had solo and group singing, piano solos, guitars, trombones, saxaphones, book reading, dance videos, and from the great-grandkids, a welcome, letter identification, rattle-shaking, and dancing.

It was such a great evening and there were so many participants we actually had to split it into two acts-what a night! It was a fantastic way to conclude my Utah trip-the food was yummy, the talents were inspiring, and the company was wonderful. Thanks everybody-I love you all!

I wasn't able to get pictures of all the talent acts, but here's what I have...










Enjoying a cracker from the cracker drawer.


The kiddos takin' a break from all the performances, the cracker drawer proves to be much more enticing for these little ones. :)

No comments: