Let me just begin with a disclaimer here...I am 26 years old and while I know 26 is still on the young side I've had a few experiences lately that have made me realize that time really is ticking away!
In my mind I feel like I am 18 or 19 years old. I feel like I can go and do anything just like when I was a teenager. Two weeks ago I ran four miles with a friend. I had not been running since the middle of November and here I was in February running four miles. While I was running I had two thoughts: 1) this is so great that I am running four miles at my half-marathon pace without having run for the last 2 1/2 months and 2) I wonder how old I will be when I can no longer suddenly go out and run four miles one day.
Well, the morning after my run I could barely move. :) The soreness got worse as the day went on and I had lingering soreness for the next five days! But, the good news is, I did the same run just this last Saturday and I haven't been sore at all! I guess I still have it in me. :)
Next point...we have been watching the Olympics every night. I am shocked when the athletes take off their hoods, goggles, etc. to reveal such young looking faces and then I find out that they are 19 years old! What?! I have vivid memories of watching the Olympics as a young girl and wanting to be Kristi Yamaguchi when I grew up or wanting to be the gymnasts from the 1996 Olympics. I always admired these athletes and while I still admire them today it is weird to think that many of them are younger than me!
Last point...Richard and I had our first kiss on February 15, 2004. The other day I reminded him of this anniversary and then did the math to realize that our first kiss was six years ago-ahhh!!! Where is the time going?
Its inevitable-I really am getting older, as is everybody. One day I really will be too old to do everything I want to do. But, until then, I will enjoy everything I can and love everything I experience, even all the aches and pains that come with age. :)
In my mind I feel like I am 18 or 19 years old. I feel like I can go and do anything just like when I was a teenager. Two weeks ago I ran four miles with a friend. I had not been running since the middle of November and here I was in February running four miles. While I was running I had two thoughts: 1) this is so great that I am running four miles at my half-marathon pace without having run for the last 2 1/2 months and 2) I wonder how old I will be when I can no longer suddenly go out and run four miles one day.
Well, the morning after my run I could barely move. :) The soreness got worse as the day went on and I had lingering soreness for the next five days! But, the good news is, I did the same run just this last Saturday and I haven't been sore at all! I guess I still have it in me. :)
Next point...we have been watching the Olympics every night. I am shocked when the athletes take off their hoods, goggles, etc. to reveal such young looking faces and then I find out that they are 19 years old! What?! I have vivid memories of watching the Olympics as a young girl and wanting to be Kristi Yamaguchi when I grew up or wanting to be the gymnasts from the 1996 Olympics. I always admired these athletes and while I still admire them today it is weird to think that many of them are younger than me!
Last point...Richard and I had our first kiss on February 15, 2004. The other day I reminded him of this anniversary and then did the math to realize that our first kiss was six years ago-ahhh!!! Where is the time going?
Its inevitable-I really am getting older, as is everybody. One day I really will be too old to do everything I want to do. But, until then, I will enjoy everything I can and love everything I experience, even all the aches and pains that come with age. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment