Yesterday we made our first family gingerbread house. This is a tradition that I grew up with and its a sure favorite of mine. We had a great time decorating and being creative. Its a good thing we made it so close to Christmas too; we are having a hard time keeping Marshall away from it. Less than 24 hours after we finished it he had already pulled off one candy and now it is sitting in our spare bedroom until after Christmas. :)
The roof, I love it, all Richard's doing.
What a little sneak, notice what Marshall is holding and the innocent look on his face. :)
On a different note, I just wanted to get this written down. On Monday I had my doctor appointment and Marshall was with me. When my doctor walked in she just started talking to Marshall and asking him about Christmas and Santa Clause. She then told me that she and her husband had just taken their two little girls (ages 3 and 1) to a breakfast with Santa and she commented on how quickly kids pick up on Santa Clause and what he does. After she said that I realized that we hadn't really told Marshall what Santa Clause does. He has a little stuffed Santa that I've had for years that he sleeps with and he has a "Twas The Night Before Christmas" book. We also missed our church Christmas party this year because we were in Utah, so Marshall hadn't even seen Santa. Anyway, on Tuesday while we were eating lunch I decided to tell Marshall all about Santa Clause, and its true, he is captivated by this idea!
Wednesday: Marshall started opening the presents under the tree. I told him we can't open presents until Christmas Day because we have to wait for Santa Clause to come. The rest of the day he kept saying, "I want Santa Clause to come!"
Thursday: While playing in the living room with Richard he heard the front door to our building open. He immediately stopped playing and said, "Santa Clause is coming!" Later that night I was talking to Marshall about Christmas and I asked him who was born on Christmas (we have been talking about this since the beginning of December and he really does know the answer), but last night he told me that Santa Clause was born on Christmas Day-not quite.
Today: While putting him in his crib for his nap he told me that Santa Clause was going to come while he was sleeping. Close! We'll see what tonight holds; hopefully he will actually sleep!
Merry Christmas everyone! We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment