Just wanted to do a post all about Marshall, again, probably mostly for the grandparents. But, I did just want to get this all down before he's moved on and I have forgotten it all.
Here are some things that he does that I always want to remember:
*He's had two bouts with the stomach flu this winter. Now, when he doesn't want to do something or go somewhere he will say, "I need to spit in the bowl" or "I'm sick". When we ask him if he's really sick he says, "No, spit is gone, I'm all better now". Makes me laugh every single time.
*I hear the phrase, "Watch this Mommy" about 100 times a day. I love that he says it, and its always followed by some silly face or crazy movement. Richard has tried to get him to say "Watch this Daddy", but so far he's had zero success.
*He started singing to himself just a few weeks ago. His favorite songs are: I am Glad for Many Things, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ABCs, Follow the Prophet, Keep the Commandments, I Love to See the Temple, and of course, "The Cosmo Song" (the BYU fight song). I love listening to him sing. He's really pretty good with the words. When he and I were stranded in Minneapolis a couple of weeks ago I woke up at 5:30, but was just staying in bed. At 5:45 I heard Marshall cough, roll around, and then I heard, "Keep the commandments, keep the commandments..." in his cute little singing voice. Loved it.
*For meals he often brings toys, books, and blankets to the table and tells me that they are watching him. We have started putting these things on a chair by him because they were getting covered in food. He frequently reminds me during the meal that "Blanket is watching you".
*He has developed quite the imagination and it is so fun to see and hear what he comes up with. The other night he made cookies out of his burrito. His toast frequently turns into animals, trucks, and other sorts of things during breakfast.
*He has become a little bossy, he frequently says, "Daddy sit here." "Daddy play with steam-roller." "Mommy sit on couch."
*When I need to get him dressed, clean him up, or change his diaper and he doesn't want that done he will say, "Mommy is tired now." He's actually right most of the time-too bad that's not a valid excuse!
*He has an incredibly expressive face and when we ask him to smile for the camera, he usually gives us a pretty good one.
*Every couple of days he tells me, "I need to check my emails." I guess we say that a lot!
*He still loves his sports, especially football and of course basketball. During football season Richard and Marshall would watch the weekly BYU highlight videos together. He now runs around the living room playing football and basketball and tells me that he is playing in a stadium.
We sure love this little guy and despite the hitting, spitting, and tantrums that occasionally find their way into his day, we are glad he's ours. Richard and I usually spend a few minutes every night recounting the funny things he said or did that day; he definitely makes us laugh.
Here are just a few pics and videos of Marshall in action. Enjoy.
5 comments:
I love that boy! That's so funny that he clued in to the idea that "Mommy is too tired to do _____." It is so thoughtful of him to voluntarily skip diaper changes and getting dressed so that you can rest! What a smartie.
That boy is so funny/cute! How fun to have a Wii! Glad you had a good holiday.
You look beautiful, Jenny, even though I can't see your face! This made me miss Marshall, and you of course!
how cute the things these lil guys say. glad you remembered to put it all down. great memories! u look great!
You look great Jenny!
Post a Comment