With the freezing temperatures of winter upon us and being 33 weeks pregnant I've had the following thoughts...
*I will be thrilled when we don't live on the second floor of an apartment building.
*I will never take a garage for granted, especially an attached garage.
*And, I know this one is years and years away, but I cannot wait until our last child can put on his shoes, coat, hat, walk to the car, get in the car, and buckle himself in.
On another, and completely unrelated note, we hosted a fondu party last night and had a great group of friends over. I really should have taken a picture of the spread of food that was on our kitchen table, but of course, I did not. Just picture a chocolate fountain, a pot of cheese fondu, bread, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, pretzels, brownies, bananas, strawberries, cookies, Rice Krispie treats, marshmallows, and probably other things I am forgetting. But, it was great and it made me happy, food-wise and friend-wise. :)
After everyone had left and Richard and I were cleaning up I told him that this is exactly why I want to stay in Milwaukee. So many of our closest friends will be here for at least a few more years and it would be perfect to have some more time with them. But, we'll just see what Match Day brings us and until then, we'll enjoy every day we have with these great people.
*I will be thrilled when we don't live on the second floor of an apartment building.
*I will never take a garage for granted, especially an attached garage.
*And, I know this one is years and years away, but I cannot wait until our last child can put on his shoes, coat, hat, walk to the car, get in the car, and buckle himself in.
On another, and completely unrelated note, we hosted a fondu party last night and had a great group of friends over. I really should have taken a picture of the spread of food that was on our kitchen table, but of course, I did not. Just picture a chocolate fountain, a pot of cheese fondu, bread, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, pretzels, brownies, bananas, strawberries, cookies, Rice Krispie treats, marshmallows, and probably other things I am forgetting. But, it was great and it made me happy, food-wise and friend-wise. :)
After everyone had left and Richard and I were cleaning up I told him that this is exactly why I want to stay in Milwaukee. So many of our closest friends will be here for at least a few more years and it would be perfect to have some more time with them. But, we'll just see what Match Day brings us and until then, we'll enjoy every day we have with these great people.
2 comments:
I love you! I love your WILL be grateful list. ANd I really hope you guys stay here in Milwaukee too!
I remember having those EXACT same wishes when I was pregnant with Audrey too! Funny how things like an extra flight of stairs, putting on your toddler's shoes, and buckling them into the car makes your day just THAT much harder! Hang in there!!
Post a Comment