Last night Richard and I were on our own for the first time with our two children. I will admit that last night I was less than thrilled with how the night was going, but today I am able to laugh about it. So, I figured I would document it because in 20 years this will make me smile even more. :)
Bridget slept almost the entire day and woke up at 8:00 pm. From 8:00 pm until 2:00 am the only time she was sleeping was while she was eating or being held. This meant that I didn't get to bed until 2:00 am. Bridget woke up at 4:00 to eat and she had a poopy diaper. She cried during her diaper change, which led to Marshall waking up. Richard went in to help him and Marshall was incredibly upset. After a few minutes he calmed down enough to tell Richard that he wanted cereal. Richard, choosing not to fight this, took Marshall to the kitchen and poured him a bowl of cereal.
So, there we were...4:00 am, our children are both eating and Richard and I are on the couches half awake. After two bowls of cereal Marshall said he would go back to bed if Richard slept on his floor. Again, choosing not to fight it, Richard grabbed a couple of blankets and curled up on Marshall's floor.
I woke up again with Bridget at 7:00 am, but we both went back to bed. At 8:45 Richard and Marshall woke up and I was up at 9:00. Fortunately, Richard didn't have to work today, but tomorrow he's back at the hospital.
We'll see how tonight goes...as long as I can get to bed before 2:00 am I'll be happy. :)
Bridget slept almost the entire day and woke up at 8:00 pm. From 8:00 pm until 2:00 am the only time she was sleeping was while she was eating or being held. This meant that I didn't get to bed until 2:00 am. Bridget woke up at 4:00 to eat and she had a poopy diaper. She cried during her diaper change, which led to Marshall waking up. Richard went in to help him and Marshall was incredibly upset. After a few minutes he calmed down enough to tell Richard that he wanted cereal. Richard, choosing not to fight this, took Marshall to the kitchen and poured him a bowl of cereal.
So, there we were...4:00 am, our children are both eating and Richard and I are on the couches half awake. After two bowls of cereal Marshall said he would go back to bed if Richard slept on his floor. Again, choosing not to fight it, Richard grabbed a couple of blankets and curled up on Marshall's floor.
I woke up again with Bridget at 7:00 am, but we both went back to bed. At 8:45 Richard and Marshall woke up and I was up at 9:00. Fortunately, Richard didn't have to work today, but tomorrow he's back at the hospital.
We'll see how tonight goes...as long as I can get to bed before 2:00 am I'll be happy. :)
3 comments:
Keep the good times rollin Jenny! Give Bridget a few weeks...anyone can be sleep deprived for a weeks right?
And the sleepless nights begin...
What a great post. I'm sure this will be a good one for you to read and remember a few years down the road.
Post a Comment