Friday, August 17, 2012

The Perfect Day

Today was a PERFECT day.  As perfect as you can get with two kids ages three and one.  :)  Let me just say, that these last two weeks have been rough, rough, rough.  Every day we battle sibling arguments, potty wars, Bridget's extreme obsession with me between the hours of 4:00 and 7:00 pm, Marshall refusing to go to bed, the list goes on and on.  I have ended just about every day these last two weeks by telling Richard that we are never having a third child.

Well, today was a gift from heaven.  Yes, I still had to discipline Marshall for hitting/pushing/kicking his sister, Bridget still screamed to be held by me and only me, but through it all, we had a lot of fun and I enjoyed a lot of unusual pleasantries with my children.  :)

I began my day by sleeping in until 7:15 and let me tell you, it was grand.  Lately I have been waking up early with Richard at 5:50 to either go running or get things down without the interruption of children.  But, today I bagged all of that and slept in!  I had 45 minutes with just Bridget until Marshall woke up at 8:00...halleluiah!  The rest of the day is documented with pictures...

Fun at the park.

Loving her pigtails.


This is Bumblebee.  Marshall adores him and today he informed me it was Bumblebee's birthday.



We had a picnic at the park and as soon as Marshall plopped down on the blanket he said, "Isn't this wonderful?"  He continued to just lay on the blanket for several minutes without eating; he was loving it!  Ah, the simple pleasures of life! 
I brought an apple to cut up for the three of us, but forgot the knife.  I figured we could all nibble on it together, but after I took two bites Marshall took it out of my hands and ate the entire thing.

Just checking on some road construction.



After our picnic we went to Baskin Robbins to get Marshall an ice cream cone as a reward for participating in his soccer class last night.  It took seven weeks for this boy to play the entire 45 minute class!

We ended the day with dinner at Pizza Hut.  Fine cuisine, I know!  But, both the kids had coupons for there for a summer reading program and I didn't have to cook or clean up a kitchen.  Win win!
Besides all of that Bridget took a three hour nap, I read, and Marshall and I played outside for an hour.

GREAT DAY!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Those are the best days!

Motleymommy said...

What a wonderful day! Glad you captured it on film. And OMGoodness are Bridget's piggies cute!