About a month ago Richard and I made a fairly spontaneous decision (spontaneous for us) and decided to spend our life's savings (okay, not quite) and take a three day trip to Disneyland. We talked Richard's parents into meeting us there and I'm so glad that they came. They are such fun people, not to mention, the help of two more adults is invaluable in a place like Disneyland. We flew out last Tuesday night, spent Wednesday, Thursday, Friday in Disneyland, and flew home on Saturday. It was a whirlwind, but so fun. Since we've been home Bridget has been consistently sleeping 13-15 hours at night and taking at least three hour naps every afternoon. I wish I could do the same!
Marshall's favorite rides were Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story, and the Haunted Mansion (should I be concerned about this?!)
Bridget loved the carousels, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, and The Little Mermaid.
Now for the picture overload...
 |
| Walking into the park our first morning there. Marshall was ecstatic! |
 |
| A wee bit nervous in this picture. :) My in-laws got pictures of all of us with Lightning McQueen; hopefully those turned out a little better. |
 |
| Marshall's favorite ride, hands down. We came home with that laser gun and he hasn't let go of it since. |
 |
| You would never guess by looking at Bridget, but she was thrilled to be seeing Tigger and Pooh. She even came home with a stuffed Tigger. |
 |
| A little R&R in the hotel room. Marshall looks so grown up to me here. |
 |
| I am noticing a theme here...Bridget seems to be happiest when she has food in her hand. |
 |
| The Little Mermaid ride. Bridget LOVED this and would say "Fish! Fish!" as soon as the building came into view. This was one of my new-found favorites as well. |
 |
| California Screamin'. My mother-in-law did this crazy coaster all by herself. Brave lady. |
 |
| I treated Bridget to Captain Eo. :) My highlight of the trip; I can't say the same for her. |
 |
| Splash Mountain was only open our last day there. This was the one ride I was sad I couldn't go on because of being pregnant. We'll just have to visit Disneyland again I guess! Bob is the one with his hands raised, Becky is behind him, and Richard is in the back holding on to a terrified Marshall. :) |
 |
| Spur of the moment we decided to stay and watch the parade our last night there and I'm so glad we did! I have never seen a more impressive parade. Amazing costumes, great dancing, not to mention phenomenal floats. |
Ah, it was a great time. The night we got back Marshall kept insisting that we move to California so we could go to Disneyland every day. I finally told him that even if we moved to California one day Richard would still have to work, Marshall would still go to school and we wouldn't be able to go to Disneyland every day. He looked right at me and said, "That's a lie." I wish he was right.
1 comment:
OH! WHat fun!
and Im a bit jealous! The week that Nick was out of town, he was in LA and we were thisclose to Jackson and I flying out to do Disneyland in two days.....logic and available cash got thebetter of us the notice was too short. BUT I still want to,
Can you email me with things like where you stayed, tips and tricks (we will NOT be taking Zach) etc.....
Im thinking we may try to slip away yet this spring.....
Post a Comment