This last week for playgroup we took the kids to the fire station for a little tour. Let me just say that those firefighters were so kind to let 19 kids five and under invade their workplace for an hour. At moments I was getting a little worried that we might be asked to leave early just due to the noise we were causing, but I had multiple firefighters tell me they should have little kids come more often, that it felt like Christmas. Glad some people felt that way. :)
Anyway, it was a huge success. Marshall has told me repeatedly, "Remember I am going to be a firefighter for one hundred days." After hearing this 50 times in the last four days, don't worry, I'm not going to forget. :) I should also note that last year our playgroup did the same thing (different fire station) but Marshall would not go near the trucks, let alone inside them, so this was a huge improvement.
No comments:
Post a Comment