Monday, August 26, 2013

Ode To Grandma Laura

Oh how I love my dear mother.  She came and spent a whopping 13 days with us when Rachel was born.  The blessed woman even spent the extra money to change her plane ticket just days before Rachel was born so she could stay with our kids while I was in the hospital.  I love her and so does Marshall!  Bridget is still way too attached to me to love her like Marshall does, but she'll win her over eventually.  :)

My mom flew in the day before I was induced.  Marshall was beside himself with excitement.  That morning he and I had a little tiff over who would get to sit by Grandma Laura on the way home from the airport.  Deciding to be the adult, I caved to him and let my mom sit in the back of the van with Marshall.  :)  

My mom took such great care of us for those 13 days.  She made meals, washed dishes, took my kids to parks, soccer classes, a petting farm, the library, the children's museum, bike rides, playgroups, played an endless amount of duck-duck-goose, bathed the baby, did a lot of laundry, ran my errands, did the grocery shopping, cleaned my house before she left, did yard work, took me out to dinner, baby-sat Max so Anna and I could go out, and hugged me when I cried.  She is just great.  

She also took way more pictures than I did in those 13 days, so thanks to Grandma Laura those 13 days are documented.  Here they are...
























We've been without her for a week now and we're still alive...barely.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Moms are so wonderful, aren't they? And your mom clearly ranks among the best of them!

Motleymommy said...

Oh how you are blessed! And of course you are still alive. You are an amazing mom!