We have really come through on Family Home Evening this year. We made it a new year's resolution and I'm happy to report we haven't missed a week. The kids are really involved, which helps Richard and I stick with it. Every week when we sing the song, always a primary song, which we should all know, only half of us are singing. This means that I am singing, along with one other person. One child is usually jumping around the room and Richard is trying to wrangle them. Well, last week Richard was in charge of the song and he chose the Cougar Fight Song. Surprising? No. I was not a fan of this idea, but I let it go. Well, history was made that night, as everyone sang the entire song. I could only laugh to myself. It was such spirited singing. Go Cougars.
Bridget is making Rachel into her little doll. We'll see how much longer Rachel puts up with it.
We had our playgroup Easter egg hunt on Friday. The kids loved it. Thankfully the weather cooperated! The warmest day of the year! Don't worry, tomorrow it will be snowing.
We might be having too much fun with Rachel's hair and the hair dryer. She's such a good sport.
Love this girl!!! Just look at that smile.
1 comment:
Way to go on Family Home Evening! It is SO hard when they're little but you will be forever grateful that you made it a habit when it seemed most futile. I can't count the talks, lessons, etc. where the importance of FHE, scripture study and prayer are mentioned as a prerequisite for so many of the Lord's blessings. I always get to sit back and relax a little in knowing that we are meeting that requirement - not that it means life is easy but it brings such peace in knowing we are doing what we've been counseled to do. And we are reaping many of the benefits already.
Post a Comment