Friday, October 24, 2014

He Lost A Tooth

This little guy is growing up before my eyes.  He lost his first tooth last Saturday.  It was two whole months in the making! 
 
 


I told Richard this is the beginning of the awkward phase.  Missing teeth, big teeth, small teeth, crooked teeth, gangly bodies, etc.  Here's to the next 12 years.  :)
 
I have to write down this story.  Going back all the way to almost a year ago, Marshall's good friend, Benson McAllister, was at our house Thanksgiving weekend when he lost his first tooth.  Marshall thought this was the coolest thing and asked me at least once a week from then on when he would get a loose tooth. 
 
Well, the day finally came.  We discovered a very new loose tooth the middle of August.  He was beside himself with excitement...until he realized it was going to fall out and hurt and bleed.  He promptly fell apart.  We assured him it wouldn't really hurt, and it would bleed just a tiny bit, he wasn't buying it.
 
Two weeks ago when I picked Marshall and his friend Jack up from school Jack came running to us exclaiming that he had lost his first tooth.  He told us how it came out and Marshall started gagging.  No joke.  Gagging and quite possibly dry heaving.  He asked Jack to stop talking about it and Jack obliged.
 
A few days later Marshall started asking me about Jack's tooth and how he got it to come out.  All I said was, "I think he just wiggled it back and forth."  Marshall immediately began gagging again!  I was laughing and he was screaming.  :)  By this time Marshall's tooth was quite loose and he was terrified to brush it and he was very careful with his eating. 
 
Then, last Saturday morning, Marshall took a drink of his juice, gave me a funny look, and spit his tooth out.  No fuss, no concern for the blood, it was over and done in two seconds and no gagging was involved.  Thank goodness.
 
To make this even better, Marshall has been keeping his tooth in a little container in the van!  He currently has no interest in a visit from the tooth fairy.  What a kid.

1 comment:

Motleymommy said...

heeheehee!! This made me laugh so much. Wiggly teeth give me the heebie-jeebies (no gagging though I promise!)