Friday, May 29, 2015

Visit From Grandma Becky

Back in April Richard was gone for a week.  He had been gone for a week in March too.  We are used to him being gone.  He works long hours and since January has been going to the hospital on Saturdays to study.  I feel like I usually handle his absence well.  We are more relaxed in our routine, I hardly cook, there are some perks.  However, that week he was gone in April was long and hard.  I felt like all four of us were just about at our wits end, especially me and Marshall.  Richard had to be gone again in May and I knew I didn't have it in me to do this alone again.  My parents had just been out in March and I didn't want to ask them to spend more money on flights when they had just barely left.  After two days of debating, I emailed my mother-in-law and asked her if she would come.  Within 24 hours she had her flight booked and I was beyond relieved and so, so thankful.  

We had the best time with Grandma Becky.  She hadn't seen the kids in 11 months; Rachel was just barely crawling the last time we saw her!  It was wonderful, helpful, and we all made some really great memories.

A visit to the beautiful botanical gardens.






Lots of games.



Four square with Marshall.


We may have eaten custard every single day she was here...sometimes twice a day.  :)



Somebody loves Kopps' red raspberry!



Radiology study time.  :)



Watching the Sunday evening rainstorm.



A walk on Lake Michigan while Marshall and Bridget were at school.



A night at Stonefire Pizza.  We practically had the place to ourselves.  It was GREAT!




Dinner at Kopp's.  A true Wisconsin experience.


I love this picture.



Thank you Grandma Becky!

No comments: