Our last weekend in Milwaukee, our good friends the Hassells and Vanhilles, threw a going away party for us at Elm Grove Park. It was a wonderful, wonderful Saturday evening, and just what we needed after a day of packing and working hard.
The weather was perfect, the food was delicious, and we were surrounded by people who had such an impact on our time in Milwaukee. It was an evening we will not forget and always hold dear to our hearts.
I failed and never got a group picture, and I didn't even get a picture with everyone who came, but here is a sampling. We love all these people, including those not pictured!
 |
| We have known Dianne and Nile for nine years! Nile was just six when we moved here...six! It has been great to watch him grow up. The last couple of years we've gone to many sporting events for him and he is so thrilling to watch. Tim and Richard also took Nile to a Packers game years ago and I have run two races with Dianne. Dianne loves our kids, and they love her. We are keeping our fingers crossed that Nile will be able to come out and visit us next summer. We love them! And Nile got teary eyed when we hugged him good-bye. That's a real tug on the heart-strings when a big 15 year old boy is fighting back tears saying good-bye. |
 |
| Jessica has lived in Wisconsin almost as long as us, but I didn't really get to know her until the last two years. She is remarkable. She is a wonderful mom, down to earth, so kind, thoughtful and very helpful. I am grateful for the good friendship we developed in just two years. |
 |
| What can I say. Rachel adores Liam, and pretty much everyone else in the Vanhille family. :) |
 |
| Lindsay and her family go all the way back to our days in the branch. She and I served in Primary and Relief Society together. Bridget and her daughter, Catherine, were born just days apart from each other and they also did preschool together. Her husband and I taught Gospel Doctrine together. The Zundels are a great, great family. |
 |
| The Pitts! We love the Pitts! They just moved to Milwaukee one year ago, but we have loved getting to know them. They are both so fun to be around and Jeremy has an exceptional sense of humor. In just one year, we shared multiple holiday meals with them and loved every single one. Anna and I hosted a baby shower for Renee and their baby girl is darling. They are a wonderful couple and we love them both! |
 |
| And we cannot leave out the Hassells. Our dearest and longest Milwaukee friends. I could write paragraphs about them, and I probably will later, but they are great in every way and our lives will not be the same without them around. |
 |
| Our three families were the last to close out the park after 9:00 pm. The kids were in heaven running around the playground, and the six of us were in heaven talking and laughing. A perfect way to end our last Saturday night in Wisconsin. |
No comments:
Post a Comment