Rachel Louise just hit the 5 1/2 year mark and I can hardly believe it. Here are some things I always want to remember about Rachel at this age:
*Rachel is our passionate child. She feels the highs and lows of every day life, and she feels it all intensely.
*Rachel speaks her mind and is brutally honest. Sometimes I love this, like when she tells me I look beautiful, and sometimes I don't like this, like when she tells me I look terrible. :) A couple of weeks ago, she told Marshall he looked handsome with his new haircut. And right around that same time, she told me I was looking very old.
*Academics can be challenging for Rachel; however, she has learned SO much since kindergarten started the end of August. When she started kindergarten, she couldn't even write her name. Now she knows the entire alphabet, she can write all the letters, knows the sounds they make, she can sound out words, knows a handful of sight words, is starting to read, has learned my phone number, 911, shapes, and her ability to count and identify numbers has greatly improved.
*Rachel loves going to school, and excels socially. She is kind to everyone, for which I am so grateful. I have had other moms, kids in her class, and her teacher, all pay me individual compliments about her kindness.
*Rachel's imagination continues to thrive, and I love it. She spends the most time out of all the kids upstairs playing in the loft. She is great at building with Legos and designing things out of playdoh. She still loves Barbies and dress ups and dolls.
*Rachel loves to snuggle with me. "Mama snuggle" as it is affectionately called. She goes through phases of coming into our bed at night. I am so tired I don't even realize she is there.
*Rachel has impeccable style. Her latest current fashions are pairing all of her summer dresses and skirts with her leggings. Sometimes even with her pink furry vest. :)
*She hates when I comb her hair and always prefers to have her hair down. She recently got a haircut to avoid all the inevitable tangles. And now that her ballet recital is over and we don't need her hair in a bun, I think she might go even shorter.
*Rachel started ballet class this school year and loves it. I will support her in all of her endeavors, but I really hope she keeps dancing. Fingers crossed!
*Rachel is tender-hearted, affectionate, loving, and just an all around spunky girl to spend time with. We love her dearly!





No comments:
Post a Comment