Hello!
We had a pretty good week last week, nothing too out of the ordinary it seemed. Here's a recap!
Last Monday the kids all had an early-out school day. They all loved it. And honestly, it was kind of nice to have everyone get home between 1:10 and 1:45! Just gave us a bit of extra time to get regular afternoon things done! Richard also worked from home that day. He still put in a very full work day, but it was so nice that he was just upstairs and had zero commute. Late that afternoon, after seven days of hard work, from very very capable men, our deck was finished! They asked Richard and I to come out and look at it before they left and it looks SO good! We are thrilled with the end result, and honestly thrilled that we just paid someone to finish the last 2/3! It is so nice to have it done, done, done! On Thursday evening, Richard power washed the entire deck, on Friday evening, we moved all of our deck furniture out from the garage, and on Saturday evening we grilled and ate dinner outside! It has been wonderful! I got a real treat on Monday morning and went to my mom's house to help assemble refugee kits. The other people who helped were people I have known and loved my entire life and had such an influence on my growing up years. It was really a complete treasure to spend an hour with those wonderful souls and my mom. That afternoon, I took Bridget to Barnes and Noble. She received two gift cards for her birthday and was so eager to spend them. She would have bought the entire store, so the hardest part was helping her narrow her choices down to $35 of books. :) It was a fun little outing with her.
On Tuesday we baby-sat Jax, Cal and Chase from 4:00 until about 7:30. My kids LOVED having their cousins over. When I took Rachel to dance at 5:00, we took Chase with us and Rachel talked to him the entire time in the car. It was so cute to listen to her. The kids played laser tag, air hockey, and after our dinner of Little Caesar's pizza, the kids all played outside. One tender moment that I want to remember...while playing outside, Marshall made Gretchen cry and she got pretty worked up, as she is known to do. After we got her calmed down, she came inside to get nose chargers for her sad, runny nose and also to put on a jacket. Cal stuck right with her and as she was heading out the door with two nose chargers (aka dental gauze) sticking out of her nose, Cal said to her, "You look beautiful Gretchen." It was the sweetest thing! Those two cute cousins, they are such good little friends.
Wednesday morning after getting all the kids off to school, I was able to go up to the temple and do an endowment session. It was a good way to spend a morning. After school, life kicked into high gear. Marshall went to Get Air trampoline park with the YM and YW. He had a great time and came home a sweaty boy. Bridget had horseback riding and was so happy to be back. She had missed her last lesson because she was sick. And Rachel had dance class. Thankfully, she has managed class well this last week without Sara. Here's hoping it can stay that way for a few more weeks!
Thursday was slow during the school day and I sure appreciated the down time. After lunch, Gretchen and I went outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. Charlie came out too, and those two played and imagined, and I did some light yard work and talked to my neighbor. It was such a lovely day! The kids and I had an earlier dinner before I took Marshall to soccer practice. Richard got home just as Marshall and I were leaving, and he was kind and told me I could linger after I dropped Marshall off. I took him up on it, grabbed Ziggy and my airpods and we left! While Marshall practiced, I enjoyed walking around the park with the dog and listening to a book. It was lovely. The girls had fun playing outside at home and we are all loving this warmer weather!
After school on Friday, Bridget went to the cast party for the musical and had the best time. Each cast member got to come home with a prop, and she brought home a cake on a platter used by one of the chefs. :) She had such a fun time with the musical, and of course, the party, and we are just so proud of her. Once everyone was home, by some miracle of miracle all the kids got their jobs done. It might have something to do with the fact that I have said I am no longer paying for jobs that get done on Saturday; regardless though, it was so nice to have everything done by 4:30! Bridget had two friends over, Avery and Claire, for late nights and those girls had a blast and left Richard very worried about his next 13 years of parenting. :) Bridget and her friends played games, laughed, talked, giggled, and acted out the entire Little Mermaid play, singing and all! I loved listening to them, Richard wasn't so sure! Ha!
Saturday we got a bit of a lazy, sleeping-in morning and that felt great! Saturday was Richard's first day off in 12 days and he sure was thankful for it. Marshall was supposed to have three indoor soccer games that day, but only two ended up happening. I was happy Richard was home to take him, and I just stayed home and prayed that the ball would not find Marshall's head! Prayers were answered and all was well. Marshall had so much fun playing on Saturday. The last game his two teams just played each other and Marshall was goalie for the last few minutes. He had an awesome save, which Richard happened to get on video. Both of Marshall's teams won that day and he came home with the biggest smile and all his stories as goalie. Later that afternoon, I took the girls to the park and we met one of Gretchen's preschool friends there. Gretchen has been begging to have a playdate with Harper, and it finally worked out. Gretchen was delighted. Rachel and Bridget were also so nice to play hide-and-go-seek with them. :) Sisters. :) The best. After dinner, Bridget and I went to the farm, and we also took her best friend, Cambria. Cambria is giving the farm a run with Bridget, and if all goes well, I think she will also start working there. Cambria didn't shy away from any of the work, and it was fun for me to step back and just watch Bridget teach. The only thing I did was screw on the water hose and haul those disgusting and heavy chicken waters around. Seriously, the freshness of eggs from your own yard is not worth the filth of the hen house. When we got home, I immediately got in the shower. After my shower, Richard said, "How was the farm? I am guessing by the way you went straight to the shower, it was not great?" Haha! Everything was great until I spilled chicken poop water down my left leg trying to lift the water container into the wheelbarrow! I am tempted to buy myself coveralls to just keep at the Garlick's! I cannot believe I have a daughter who works on a farm and LOVES it and I cannot believe I am going with her! I like to think that one day when Bridget is an adult she will speak eloquently and lovingly about how I made this huge sacrifice for her.
Yesterday seemed like a full Sunday, even though it wasn't really! I was the chorister in primary, and I had a blast. On the rare occasion that I am a sub in that calling, I love it. We had Toney FHE at my parents' last night and had a great time. We were missing Danny's family, and for a while, Gretchen seemed quite displaced without Cal there. But later that night, I found her playing with one of the twins (I don't know which one!) and she seemed to be having a jolly time. It was great catching up with my brothers and their wives and we also celebrated birthdays for Bridget, Jordan and Ben. It was a real treat of an evening. Today is actually Jordan's birthday and I was thinking of the day he was born. I was 12 when he was born, and by that point in my life, I was no longer disappointed about being the only girl in my family. I remember being so excited at school that day, and my friends being just as excited with me. I was so happy to go to the hospital and meet this new baby brother. We got to watch him have his first bath-I'm sure he loves that I am typing this! Ha! I was just elated that my mom had another baby and I don't think that I ever minded baby-sitting him, but my mom might remember differently! Anyway, time flies. I remember that day in 1996 like it was yesterday, and now here we are, 26 years later. Yikes!
Alright! That is it! Thanks for reading. Love each one of you dearly!
Love,
Richard, Jenny, Marshall, Bridget, Rachel and Gretchen :)




No comments:
Post a Comment