Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween, Just A Little Late!

We had a lot of fun for Halloween this year. Marshall picked out this cute little dog costume a couple of weeks ago and he just loves it. So, here's the story, I have to tell it...


Richard and I began looking for a Halloween costume for Marshall back in September, but we couldn't agree on anything. Naturally Richard wanted Marshall to be something cool and manly like Spiderman, Batman, etc. But, I really wanted Marshall to be something cute because I figured at just one year old a boy can still pull that off. Anyway, a few weeks ago Marshall and I were at Walgreens so I could get a flu shot. After the shot they told me to stay in the store for ten minutes just in case I had a major allergic reaction (that's comforting, thankfully I was fine). So, we started roaming the isles and found the Halloween costumes. I started looking through the racks and all of a sudden Marshall started barking and pointing. When I looked up I saw that he was pointing at this dog costume that was hanging on the end of the rack. I picked it up and gave it to him and he kept barking and started laughing and wouldn't let go of it, so of course I had to buy it! And Richard, being the good husband and father that he is, consented to this cute, furry costume-thank you! :) Before Halloween we kept the costume hanging in his closet and every time he heard his closet open he would run into his room and start barking, what a cutie-I just love him!

Anyway, back to Halloween. We had a branch playgroup Halloween party where Marshall was able to sport his costume. We had a lot of fun and we enjoyed great friends and delicious Halloween food!

On Halloween morning we went to the branch Halloween party that was hosted by the primary. Richard couldn't be at the party so mostly Marshall was passed from person to person because he just wanted to be held, but we still had a good time.









1 comment:

John and Karisa said...

I love that top-heavy dog costume! And I was honored that our little playgroup event made it into your blog post!