Monday, April 19, 2010

A Morning By The Lake

I wanted to spend some quality time with Marshall this morning and get out of the house to have some fun since we didn't do much of that last week due to my crazy work schedule. I looked into a couple ideas, but nothing panned out so I just decided we would go to the children's museum. We were out the door by ten, but when we got to the museum we discovered it is closed on Mondays during the school year for school groups-blah!

So, instead of getting back in the car and driving all the way back home, we just spent an hour outside by the museums and lake. It turned out to be a great morning and Marshall completely wore himself out running all over.

He discovered seagulls for the first time and got a kick out of chasing them. Within just a few minutes he had scared them all away.

After the seagull entertainment we just walked along Lake Michigan. There isn't a beach here, just a retaining wall and rocks, but Marshall was once again fascinated with the water. I had to keep a firm grip on him otherwise I think he really would have just jumped off the wall into the water.


It was a great morning! I sure love this little guy!


No comments: