Monday, April 19, 2010

Sleeping Beauty


This last weekend I performed in yet another show for my studio. These performance weeks make for a crazy family life and by the end I am exhausted, but when its all said and done, I'm sure glad I did it.

The ballet was "Sleeping Beauty" and I danced the part of Puss in Boots and these four darling dancers were my kittens. I had no idea that Puss in Boots was in "Sleeping Beauty", but surprise, he is. In the real story of "Sleeping Beauty", not the Disney version, many fairy tale characters come to the wedding of Princess Aurora. So, that was my part. I just had a solo and then I danced with these four cuties.

The little girl on the left is only four years old and she was the youngest dancer in the show. She did great at rehearsals but when we started practicing on the stage, in costume, and with lights it was just too much for her. She cried every night, Monday through Thursday, through all of the rehearsals. She always did the dance and did what she was asked, but her chin would quiver and tears were rolling down her face the whole time. Talk about a heart-breaker! Her grandma, a great lady, volunteered to be one of our chaperons every single night so she could be backstage with her. What a grandma!

Anyway, this little girl ended up doing great once it finally came time to perform; I don't think she shed one tear on Friday or Saturday. She is the cutest little girl and she even gave me a bouquet of flowers on Saturday after the last show-what a sweetheart!



1 comment:

The Leake's are everywhere said...

It sounds like a lot of fun.Congratulations on a job well done!