Saturday, July 3, 2010

Good-bye Miss Lily


Meet cute Miss Lily. I sure love this little girl! Back in January Lily's mom, Sara, and I began a baby-sitting swap. I watched Lily two days a week while Sara went to the gym and Sara watched Marshall one morning a week so I could run errands. This was a fantastic deal for multiple reasons...

*Running errands without a toddler is SO fast and stress-free!
*Lily is one of the cutest girls I've ever known. When I started watching her she was just 3 1/2 months old and now she's 9 months. Its been so fun to watch her grown and learn. And hello, who doesn't love those baby fat rolls?!
*Marshall got somewhat accustomed to having a baby around, hopefully that will come in handy some day!
*Lily's family has a dog, a big dog, that Marshall eventually got used to on the very last day Sara watched him. :) From January through June we would drive to Lily's house, I would get Marshall out of the car, and he would walk halfway across the street and then turn around. I would then pick him up, hand him off to Sara and the end report was that he always cried at least a little bit when the dog was around. Well, the very last day I took him to Sara's he willingly walked all the way across the street, walked straight into their house, and was tear-free for the entire two hours-WOW!

Well Lily, we sure will miss your morning visits, and Sara's too! Thanks for a great swap!


On a side-note, do you like Marshall's shirt? It's a perfect fit for him considering what is in his hand...this boy loves his blue blanket! :)

If you want to meet this big dog and read more on Marshall's end of the baby-sitting swap, click here.


No comments: