Here's a smattering of what we've been up to these last four weeks...
Richard
Last rotation of medical school-hooray! Unfortunately, it is more time-consuming than we thought, but oh well, at least its his last! On a happy note, he got his contract from the hospital where he will be working next year. It was exciting to see that he will really be getting paid, we will have fantastic insurance, and he has 28 days of paid vacation!
Jenny
I just keep telling myself I can only do one thing at a time so no need worrying about all that needs to be done! I am kind of getting into the groove of having two kids. So far I have ventured to playgroup, lunches, dinners, the pediatrician, and the store with two kids in tow and I am still alive to tell about it, thank goodness! I am just grateful I have Richard, a family who prays for me, and great friends in Milwaukee.
Marshall
He has experienced the highs and lows these last four weeks. Some days are pretty close to perfect with this cute 2 1/2 year old, other days are complete disasters with almost nothing but tears and tantrums. I don't think Richard and I have ever talked so much about how to be a better parent as we have in these last four weeks. But, regardless of all of the above, he still keeps us laughing, he has graduated to a taller basketball hoop, and he sleeps with a blue jelly bean (picture and more details below).
Bridget
Is four weeks old today! This morning I was thinking about the fact that these have seemed to be the longest four weeks of my life, but I still can't believe where the time has gone. She is such a great baby, so great in fact, that the other night she ate at 8:30, fell asleep at 9:30 and didn't wake up again until 4:45 am! She is becoming more and more alert during the day, she has let out a couple of coos, we can't wait to start seeing smiles, and yesterday she went to the doctor because her tear ducts are plugged and now she has pink eye. But, despite her eyes not looking so great, we still think she's perfect. And, she is a growing, growing girl. Yesterday at the doctor she weighed 9 lbs. 9 oz. Today we have moved her into size one diapers and she has outgrown almost all of her newborn wardrobe. A happy and sad time for me all wrapped up in one.
And now for some pictures...
Don't worry, this was a posed picture, she wasn't really sleeping on Richard like that. :)
And now for the jelly bean...
Last week we bought a bag of jelly beans. Marshall had just a few, but reserved this last one in his little pile. For almost a week now he makes sure it is in his crib for every nap and every night. Richard and I are amazed at two things, one, that he hasn't eaten it, and two, that we can still manage to find such a small object.
2 comments:
So so cute! Thanks for the update! Marshall and his jelly bean . . .so funny!
Ha Ha! Love the jelly bean, what a great story, he'll love to hear about it when he's older!
Post a Comment