Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Richard's Opinion Piece in the November 11, 2003 Daily Universe

Your Logic Failed

Hey “Part-Time” Professor Foster, your views on killing animals are valid, but don’t plants have spirits as well?

All of God’s creations have a purpose here on Earth and have spirits. Moses 3:5 backs this by saying, “every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every growing herb of the field before it grew. For I, the Lord God, created all things which I have spoken, spiritually, before they were naturally upon the face of the earth.”

If killing animals to eat them is bad because they have spirits, then we shouldn’t kill plants because they also have spirits.

I cry every time I see a piece of broccoli being eaten. They are the possessors of defenseless souls that are trapped in unmoving bodies. At least the deer can see the hunter coming and
run away, especially with the heathen hunters’ bright orange outfits.

The solution to all of our problems dealing with eating organisms with spirits is to invest money into the research of artificial foods so that nothing we eat will come from a spiritinhabited being.

RICHARD L. LEAKE
Maeser (Vernal),Uintah County

http://lib.byu.edu/cgi-bin/TxtOnly/betsie.pl/0005/newnewsnet.byu.edu/pdf/du20031111.pdf

No comments: