Our 4th of July was pretty low-key this year. Richard was post-call and got zero sleep at the hospital the night before. He came home at 11:30 am and went right to bed until 3:00 pm. So my morning and afternoon was spent running (we ran past a children's parade and I felt guilty that I didn't have Marshall decorate his bike to ride in it, oh well, there's always next year). Anyway, we still had a great time running, playing, and taking naps, a pretty typical day around here. I figure that next year Richard should (fingers crossed) have the 4th off and we can hit up the parades, carnivals, and fireworks.
But, our 4th of July did end great. We got together with our many wonderful Milwaukee friends for a BBQ and some sparklers. It was a fantastic evening full of delicious food, fun people, and great conversation. Everyone had a great time and we came home happy.
Marshall was very skeptical about the sparklers.
2 comments:
Aww man Jenny! I haven't had the "I miss Milwaukee moment" really yet since we've been so busy, but his picture makes me miss you all so much! Sniff, sniff!
Jenny! What a small world. Chali (I think that's how she spells it) is my sister's husband's sister. How fun that you know each other. Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment