Marshall was a tiger for Halloween this year; the same thing as last year, but hey, his costume still fit and we are cheap. :) Anyway, here is our little tiger being silly for the camera.




Finally, an entire face!

After that crazy photo-op Marshall and I headed to MCW for the annual trick-or-treat. (Richard had to work that night so he stayed home with Bridget and they both took naps.) I was so excited to finally be able to attend this grand event. Marshall has gone the last three years thanks to Richard and baby-sitters, but I have always had to work...not this year! Anyway, we met up with the Irions and Hassells. Isn't little Max Hassell the cutest skunk you have ever seen?! Yes, definitely.

Marshall and all of the other kids had a ball running around collecting handfuls and handfuls of candy.


Marshall and Duncan at the end of it all, what cute little boys.

After the MCW party we headed home. My original plan was to take Marshall trick-or-treating in the Irion's neighborhood after dinner, but after seeing Marshall's candy stash I decided to just take him around the cul-de-sac to a few families. Well, Marshall had other plans. He fell asleep on the way home from the school, but when I was carrying him inside he was talking to me about dinner and that he wanted to watch "Curious George". When I got to the top of our stairs I put him down and this is immediately what he did...

Being the good mom that I am I let him stay there for a few minutes while Richard and I quickly ate our dinner (Richard had to get to the hospital). After dinner he was still snoozing soundly.

I moved him to the couch, but that didn't do anything. I took off his tiger jacket, but he still didn't wake up. So, at 6:15 I just put him in his bed and hoped for the best. After Richard left for the hospital it was just Bridget and me. As you can tell, she wasn't too thrilled with the whole evening either.

So, at 7:00 I put Bridget to bed and I had a quiet house and what felt like a very anti-climatic Halloween night. Richard was working, no trick-or-treating, no picture of my kids together in their costumes, and our house was silent. So after being sad about it for two minutes I realized what an opportunity I had-my time was completely my own and it was only 7:00! I quickly started enjoying myself. But, guess who woke up at 8:00 pm, bright-eyed and ready to go? Yep, you guessed it, Marshall. Oh well, we had a fun evening together. I put him back in bed at 9:00 and he was asleep again by 10:00 pm. An interesting Halloween night!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness the sleeping tiger with the chocolate mouth is beyond sweet!
I can't believe he slept like that on the stairs! I should have brought a candy bag to MCW.
Post a Comment