Saturday, September 8, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

Marshall's actual birthday was on Wednesday.  We kept it pretty low-key, but still had fun.

We opened presents in the morning, had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, played at the park, baby-sat some friends, played lots of Legos, blew out a candle in a cinnamon roll after dinner, and skyped with grandmas.

6:30 am, two minutes after waking up.  :)




My mom gave Marshall this bingo game.  He had never played before so I quickly explained it before we started.  A few minutes into the game I realized he was covering the head of every dinosaur.  I didn't say anything about it, but he continued it throughout the game!  Made me laugh.

I love this picture.

I am pretty sure this is the first time he's ever successfully blown out a candle.  :)

The birthday loot.

Today we had Marshall's first "real" birthday party.  Just kids, no parents (besides us), games, lunch, cake, presents, the works!  

The cougar paw cake!  Marshall loved it.  Can you tell I am not too patient frosting anything that is not a 9x13?  :)

We read "Hello Cosmo!"


Pin the Tail on the Cougar.  :) 



We had a basketball contest.





We did an obstacle course that ended with the kids putting on a jersey, helmet, and throwing a football.  Very fun.



Bridget liked the jersey.  :)



Six little hands opening one present.  :)



Happy birthday Marshall Cougar!  We love you!

1 comment:

Susie said...

I love the party theme! So fun.