Monday, September 10, 2012

First Day of Preschool

Marshall had his first day of preschool today.  It is at this great little school in a Presbyterian Church.  He just goes two days a week for 2 1/2 hours, a perfect arrangement.  He has not been excited about any of this until this weekend, thank goodness!  On Friday he was able to spend 20 minutes at the school with me seeing his classroom and meeting his teachers.  He was very quiet, but he played with the toys and had fun.  When we were leaving I was going down the stairs first and he said, "Stop!  This is my school; I will lead the way!"  From that point on he has been excited!  He woke up at 5:50 this morning and eagerly ate breakfast, got dressed, and went potty (he hates doing those last two things every morning, so it was noteworthy).

He walked slowly once we pulled up at the school, but he willingly hung up his backpack, walked into his classroom and did exactly what his teacher asked him to do.  He gave me a hug and kiss and we said good-bye.  

When I came to pick him up he was so excited to see me and show me the picture he had drawn.  He reported that he was shy, but that he did talk to one of his teachers and told her it was just his birthday.  :)  He said he will talk to her more next time and tell her about his news shoes.

This is the smile I get when I tell him I want to see his eyes.  :)



First preschool artwork.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Is that Curiosity Corner? Jack went there and we loved it! He had Ms. Bartsch and Ms. Weinberg. Hard to believe that was 4 years ago and Jack is in 2nd grade now!

Motleymommy said...

Love! Congrats Marshall, and mama.