Bridget, our second child, and more adventurous spirit, has given us yet another first as parents...
The first x-ray.
You may recall that about a year ago I placed my first call to 911 because she fell off a stool in the bathroom, hit her head on the floor, and passed out.
On Tuesday night she jumped off our couch (which we have told her about 100 times not to do) and she has been limping ever since.
After a day of waiting it out, a call to the nurse, and ibuprofen, she still woke up with a limp this morning and the pediatrician wanted to see her. She ran to the van just before her appointment so I felt a little sheepish taking her in, but the doctor said with her young age, inability of a two year old to accurately communicate when and where it hurts, and the weekend upon us he opted for an x-ray. So the three of us spent the afternoon in a pediatric radiology waiting room. It was grand.
Fortunately, there is no break or other cause for concern, probably just a little sprain. Richard, the expert radiologist, agrees with the diagnosis. He requested that I get a CD of all the images for him. :)
Oh little Bridget, we sure love you, but I think you are going to give us some crazy adventures as your parents.
P.S. I think this is just the cutest little foot, both inside and out.

1 comment:
Oh my little Bridget! What an adventurer you are! Slow down little one.
Oh Jenny - hang in there, I fear Z wont be far behind in the emergency dept. I sort of fear it ever day!
When J broke his arm when he was 5, it was the letter X week at school and the radiologist gave him a photocopy of the x-ray to share at school! (give that tip to Richard, it made J a hero for a day or so!)
Post a Comment