Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bridget Update

Oh Bridget, you are at a fun and darling age, but sometimes you are a bit too emotional for our liking.  :)  But regardless of your emotions (I can relate) we love you.  Here are some fun things we always want to remember about you at this age...

*You have finally gotten over your binky being gone, which happened about six weeks ago!  You are much better now about happily going to bed.  Every night I tell you to go to bed happy and you say, "No no crying."  Exactly.  :)

*You LOVE ranch dressing and would eat it all day if we let you.  We only let you have it once a day.  :)  You dip everything in it but vegetables, ironically.  

*You have started holding your own with Marshall.  A couple of weeks ago you even tackled him; he was shocked.

*When someone is in your way instead of saying excuse me you say beep.  I honestly have no idea where you came up with this, but I do love it.

*Your vocabulary is coming along.  You can now put three or four words together.

*You have mastered your letters and you know most of your shapes and colors.

*Numbers are a different story.  You think the way to count is "two, fee (three), two, fee, two fee".  This is a daily argument between you and Marshall as he tries to get you to count the right way and you YELL, "No!  Quiet!  Two, fee, two fee!"

*Sadly your naps lately have just been 50/50.  I pray this is just a phase.  Fortunately though, you are content to happily play in your crib for an hour or longer so I still get a break.  :)  After that though you start yelling, "Mommy!  Come out!  Happy!  No no crying!"

*You are still in love with Jake and all of his pirate friends.  You practically have all of your pirate books memorized and say the words along with me while I read them to you.

*You just got your first hair cut ever last Saturday.  You whimpered the entire time!

*You hate to feel the baby move.  Her movement is the thing that gets you off my lap the quickest.  :)  You love babies, but you get very possessive of me when I am holding one.  My how your life is going to change in three weeks Bridget!

The before picture.

Obviously traumatized.  Such a sad face despite the sweet car and movie she was supposed to be watching.




Blurry after pictures.  I'm a fantastic photographer.


And lastly, a video of Bridget reading herself a book.  Even though she knows her books forwards and backwards, when she reads by herself she just repeats the same one or two words over and over again with each page just changing the pitch in her voice.  The first time is always a high pitch, the second time is low.  Richard and I get a kick out of it.



1 comment:

Motleymommy said...

Oh my is her world about to be rocked! She is definately going to be a challenge but look at how cute she is!!!!

Hang in there mama!