Friday, January 30, 2015

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas Eve day was spent with Richard at work and the kids and I packing at home.  Richard and I admitted to each other that it did not feel at all like Christmas.  With opening most of the presents a few days before, zero snow on the ground, and our bedroom full of suitcases, it didn't feel like your typical Christmas Eve.  The kids were definitely still excited though, so I don't think they noticed. 

We did have a most wonderful Christmas Eve night though.  After eight Christmases in Milwaukee, our schedules finally somewhat aligned with the wonderful Hassell family and we had a delicious meal together and an impromptu nativity.  It was a great night, as it always is, with the Hassells and I'm so glad it worked out.  

They spoiled us and made almost the entire dinner themselves.  It was wonderful to sit at the table with them and let the kids run wild with Christmas excitement.  A memorable evening indeed!

When we got home it was time to open Christmas pajamas and right into bed.  Shockingly, despite the excitement of Christmas and a vacation, the kids fell asleep almost instantly, which made Santa's job a whole lot easier.  :)

What am I going to do without this girl when I move away?!



Mary with baby Jesus.

The very impromptu nativity, starring six and under.

The cutest shepherd.

Obviously they are all captivated by the story.



No comments: