Sunday, February 1, 2015

McAllisters, Planes, Good Food

Our first full day in Virginia was a grand one.  And why wouldn't it be?!  I tell you, I'm moving there one day.  

Karisa kicked it off with a fantastic breakfast.  


After that we went to the Air and Space Museum Annex right by the Dulles Airport.  That place was amazing and Marshall was in heaven.  It is basically one huge hanger full of planes.  

Since this trip Marshall has become fascinated with Discovery.  This really was awesome to see.  

We love the McAllister family!  It just felt like a day at playgroup with this gang!



SR-71 Blackbird.  The fastest plane.  


Rachel was a trooper through all of this.  She was very sleep-deprived from the day before and at one point just walked over to the wall and plopped down right here.  She fell asleep before we had even pulled out of the parking lot and then proceeded to take a two hour nap on Richard once we got back to the McAllister's.  


That night Richard and I threw the kids in the car and made what we thought would be a ten minute drive to eat at Shake Shack.  I have been dreaming about this place since my week with Richard in D.C.  One hour later we finally had Shake Shack in hand.  It was delicious and worth the crazy.

Yum.  Yum.  Yum.  Okay, it doesn't look like much, but that Shack Sauce is something else.  

No comments: