This little girl is incredibly independent. This is something we have never experienced as parents! Rachel does things, on a daily basis, that Marshall and Bridget rarely do!
Most of these things revolve around food. She will stockpile it, pull it out later, climb on things to get food, and she can open just about anything, including juice boxes! Seriously. She can get the straw out of the wrapper, poke it through a hole, and slurp up that juice before I even know where she is or what she's doing.
The other night during dinner, Rachel got down from her chair and then Marshall exclaimed, "Where did Rachel get a pop tart?!" Sure enough, she was holding a half-eaten pop tart which she had stored in her little play kitchen fridge from days earlier.
I made zucchini bread a couple of weeks ago. It was wrapped in foil and up on the counter. I was gone that night and when I came home I noted that the zucchini bread had been moved, it was wrapped differently, and there were crumbs all over the floor. Richard told me that while he was getting the kids ready for bed he realized it was very quiet. He found Rachel going to town on the zucchini bread, who knows how she got it! Nothing is safe!
I guess I should count myself lucky that it took us three kids to get to this point. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment