As usual, every holiday brings a handful of celebrations with it. Easter was no exception. The festivities kicked off with an egg hunt and Easter brunch at Anna's. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain that morning so the egg hunt was moved to the basement, but the kids still loved it. The food and friends were also exceptional.
| Best friends. :) |
The next day was the playgroup Easter party. Again, the egg hunt was inside because it was SNOWING!!! Blah! This is the only picture I snapped. Oops!
Fortunately, Saturday brought much better weather. The kids and I did the egg hunt at Elm Grove Park. It actually went terribly for my children, but still a memory, nonetheless! Marshall was irate to learn the egg hunt was open to anyone at the park that morning. Bridget only got two eggs. And Rachel was terrified of the Easter Bunny. Can't really blame her, the costume was definitely lacking.
| Marshall and Bridget are too distracted looking at Rachel who was screaming at the top of her lungs. |
| Rachel, clearly not recovered from her bunny experience, held Anna's hand through the whole hunt and only collected four eggs. :) |
Lucky for the kids, the day improved and we did our family only egg hunt that afternoon. Marshall was so sweet with Rachel during the hunt. Multiple times he would pick up an egg, run by her, and drop it in her basket. At the end Rachel tripped and fell and spilled her basket of eggs. Without even being asked, Marshall helped her pick up all her eggs. So sweet.
No perfect picture from these three, but I love all the different expressions so I am posting them all. :)
Easter Sunday we hosted dinner and invited three other families over. Despite my constant reminders to myself all day long, this is the only picture I took. My poor mind!
Our evening was exceptional though. We had the Hassells, Bradfords, and Pitts over and the food was incredible...quite possibly my best Easter meal I have ever eaten. I tried a new ham recipe, and I will never go back to traditional ham. The Bradfords brought not one, but three, incredible vegetable dishes. The Hassells spoiled us with incredible potatoes and Tim's supreme carrot cake. And the Pitts brought delicious fruit and an abundance of yummy drinks and left all the extras at our house, Marshall is in heaven. :)
A wonderful Easter week indeed!
No comments:
Post a Comment