Months ago, I had the idea to have a good-bye party for Marshall and Bridget. Neither of them had birthday parties for their birthdays this last year and so I wanted one last hurrah for them with their friends.
Last Tuesday, we hosted a party for 14 of their closest friends, mostly school friends, at The Big Backyard. It was a wonderful success. Every single person we invited was able to come and it was a delight to watch my kids be so happy and to just run and play and eat donuts (of course!) with their friends.
 |
| Marshall and his group of friends played a whole lot of four square. |
 |
| I have so loved Marshall's group of friends. These kids come from exceptional families who teach their kids kindness, honesty, respect, and so much more. I hope he always remembers these kids and the happiness they brought him. |
 |
| Marshall and Caleb. Caleb moved next door to us last spring and it has been wonderful! Caleb's parents have been so helpful and these boys have so much fun together. We will miss him SO much! I should also add that Rachel also loves Caleb and he is so good and patient with her tagging along. |
 |
| Marshall and Jack A. Jack was Marshall's first real school friend, they go all the way back to junior kindergarten. Jack has a wonderful family and his grandparents, who are also wonderful, live just around the corner for us. His family has provided so many fun adventures for these boys. |
 |
| Marshall and Seoul. Sweet Seoul. He is having a terrible time with Marshall leaving, hence his facial expression. These two boys are pretty much two peas in a pod. |
 |
| Aaron, such a goofball. He refused to be in any pictures, clearly he was having too much fun. Aaron has been in the same class with Marshall since junior kindergarten. They were also on the same soccer team this last year and Aaron's dad was the coach. They are a great family. |
 |
| Rachel's best friend, Emery. She just adores her. |
 |
| Such cute kids. Naomi and Jack were in Bridget's class this year. Jack and Bridget were also in preschool together last year. They make quite the little trio. |
 |
| Audrey, Davis, Elliot, Jack, Naomi, Bridget, Max, and Zoe. I really lucked out with Bridget's friends, because the parents of these kids became my very good friends too. Friends are simply the best. |
 |
| Marshall and Aniha. I had a better picture of these two, but some crazy second grade boy stuck his hand right in front of my phone before I took the picture. Guess that's what happens when you have close to 20 kids running around at a party! Oh well. Aniha, I love Aniha. She and her family moved from India last spring so this was the only year she and Marshall were in class together. Aniha is the sweetest girl and is so, so smart. She and Marshall became great friends this year because they were in the same spelling, reading, writing, and math groups. I loved watching these two pal around together when I would volunteer. Marshall and I will really miss her! |
 |
| Bridget with Audrey and Elliot. We met these great kids and their families last year at Curiosity Corner. We haven't been able to see them as much this year, but man, these three do love to be together. We love these kids and we love their families. |
 |
| Marshall and Brady. These two have also been together since junior kindergarten. Brady is one of four boys in his family and they are the kindest family. They also played soccer together this year. Brady gave Marshall a framed picture of the two of them as a good-bye present. |
 |
| Marshall and Jack V. Ironically, this is the son of a guy I graduated from high school with! The Vanhilles moved in two years ago, and while Marshall and Jack have been good friends the last two years, their relationship really took off this last year. The good news is, since both of Jack's parents are from Utah, we will get to see him a fair amount when they come to Utah to visit, including this summer. |
I will admit that this afternoon completely wore me out, but it was surely worth it! My kids just had the best time. I will always be thankful for these first school friendships my kids had. So thankful for good families and good kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment