Saturday, August 13, 2016

Swimming Lessons

After just days of living here, I signed Marshall and Bridget up for semi-private swim lessons.  I only signed up for five lessons, after paying an arm and a leg, so I was hoping that between those lessons and swimming at our pool at least once a week we could make some good head-way with their comfort in the water.  And now as we close out the summer, I think it was a success!  

They were both so nervous to begin with, especially Marshall, but they did great.  I did love watching them in the water together; it reminded me of taking swimming lessons with my brother Ben.  

Now, weeks later, Bridget is really great at going all the way under water.  She still gets nervous in the big pool, even with her puddle jumper, but she loves the little pool.  She'll take a big breath and just go right under.  Marshall is awesome in the big pool, with his puddle jumper.  :)  He will now jump off the stairs, plug his nose, and go all the way under the water.  And just the other day he did take off his puddle jumper in the big pool and did some good swimming with me.  

I love these two and love watching them learn new things, even if it is a bit scary.  :)

Not the greatest picture, but I was proud of them.  :)


Our first time swimming in our pool, before they started lessons, Marshall was a wreck.  We were at the pool for over two hours and he only got in the big pool at the very end.  The next week when we went swimming again, he spent over two hours in the pool and had a great time.  At one point he declared, "I trust my puddle jumper now!"


Oh Rachel, she is such a little mother, and I adore her.  :)  Bridget didn't want to put her sandals on, and without missing a beat, Rachel bent right down and helped her out.  

As promised, after their fifth and final lesson, we took them out for a treat of their choosing.  Dairy Queen for blizzards and cheese curds.  

A couple of weeks ago we were the only ones at our neighborhood pool.  Marshall was in heaven and swam the length of it multiple times.  

Sisters.  :)

No comments: