Tuesday, September 10, 2024

The Leake's Week-March 26, 2024

 Hello!


Well, we survived a week of insanity!  Busy, busy, busy.  Here's the rundown.

Richard had last Monday off, which was so wonderful.  I was out of the house with Rachel at 8:15 am.  The musical was being performed during school hours for the kids and Rachel's cast was the morning show.  I was there to chaperone.  Richard took care of Gretchen after we left and got her to school and then came home and met the crew.  Last Monday they framed in where our fireplace is to go, and that had to be very hands on with us because of measurements and dimensions and specifications.  I cannot tell you how glad I was that Richard was the one taking care of this and not me!  I would have been stressed out of my mind!  Instead I was at the musical, having a delightful time.  The director asked me to be the "runner" for that show, which meant I got to watch 98% of it and I saw all of Rachel's stage time.  I have had zero time to help in any other capacity during this show so I was seeing it for the first time on Monday morning.  Rachel was darling.  Just darling.  She was cast as a Le Fille, one of the three girls who is in love with Gaston.  All three girls did a fantastic job at playing their role, but Rachel was especially fun to watch.  They got quite a bit of stage time and had lines and their own singing parts and they did so great.  I was so glad I could be there to help, but also cheer her on.  A fun morning!  As soon as the show was done, Rachel and I dashed out of there for a quick orthodontist appointment.  Thankfully, Richard was able to grab Marshall and Bridget, so we all rendezvoused at the orthodontist, so fun!  Ha!  Rachel doesn't have braces yet, so we just take her in every six months.  Thankfully, she gets to be braces free for a bit longer.  Bridget is sporting elastics on her braces now, and the first three days were zero fun for her, but now she doesn't seemed bothered by them and is a pro at getting them in and out, but she went through a lot of ibuprofen for a few days!   Anyway, back to Monday, after we got the kids back to their schools, Richard and I did lunch, the laundromat, the paint store and Costco.  It was a day.  Marshall and Bridget had their first day of junior high track practice after school, Rachel had dance, and I went to music class with Gretchen, and Bridget also worked at the farm that night, and Marshall had soccer.  My head is spinning just typing this.  





Tuesday was slightly calmer.  :)  Our fireplace was installed!  Sadly, we cannot use it, but it is exciting to see it in it's place and it makes us VERY excited for cold nights outside, but warm nights inside!  After school, Rachel had dance, but I picked Sara and Rachel up 15 minutes early so they could be show ready and at the elementary school for their call time of 6:45.  Opening night!  With Rachel's cast doing the 7:30 show, all five of us were able to come and support her.  A rarity!  It was so fun to be there!  The cast did SO well, even better than they had done on Monday morning, and Rachel was so happy that we could all come.  It was a fun evening for sure.  






Wednesday morning after I got Marshall and Bridget off to school, I met my friends, Jessica and Camie, for brunch in Salt Lake.  Sweet Lake Biscuits and Limeade.  I hadn't been to this restaurant in a couple of years and I had forgotten how divine their biscuits are!  Yum.  It was so fun to catch up and a great way to spend a morning!  After school was bonkers again.  Track and soccer for Marshall, Bridget skipped track to make it to horseback riding, and then Young Women's, Gretchen had dance and Rachel was in the 5:00 pm play, which I chaperoned.  Thankfully, Richard was off of work at 4:00 pm, so he was able to cover getting everyone home and off to their next place.  Hello exhaustion.  Rachel desperately wanted to see the other cast perform, so she and her friends went to the 7:30 pm show and loved it.  




Thursday brought a bit more rest for Rachel and Gretchen, but not for Richard and me!  Rachel had day one of a dance competition/convention and all of her dances were scheduled to compete on Thursday between 12:45 and 2:45 up in Ogden.  It was actually super convenient for our schedule to have this slotted during the school day, so I did not care one bit about her missing a day of school.  In fact, I let Gretchen tag along with us too!  Those two girls were able to sleep in on Thursday morning, which I was so glad for.  We left our house at 11:00 am and picked up Sara and her mom and drove up to Ogden.  Rachel's team performed all their dances that afternoon, and then because of the play, we high-tailed it out of there and didn't wait around until 6:00 pm for awards.  They ended up getting high gold for all four dances, and their Shoeless Joe dance, which took first the previous weekend, took first again for their category.  Yay!  We had a bit of time to chill that afternoon, before doing an easy dinner at home and then off to the musical again!  Marshall actually went to hang out with a friend, but the rest of us went to the musical and it was so fun.  The kids were even more relaxed and animated and it really was just so darling.  






I volunteered at the Charger Store on Friday, and loved that as always.  Rachel and Gretchen walked home from school, and then Rachel helped get Gretchen to her primary activity.  I had a bit of time to chill at home, but Rachel and I were back at the school at 4:15 for closing night of the play.  I chaperoned again.  :)  Bridget hung out with friends that afternoon/evening.  Rachel was supposed to go up to Ogden after the play for master classes, but was so pooped, she called it a night and I didn't blame her one bit.  Once Richard and I got the three kids at home squared away for dinner, the two of us ran out for an impromptu date.  We just ate at TonyBurgers, but talked and talked and talked.  It was great.  And very needed!  

Saturday was another whirlwind.  I went to a bridal shower for one of my old young women, so crazy!  Time flies.  Rachel and I left for Ogden after lunch and got home about 8:00 pm.  She was able to make it to the second day of convention and had so much fun taking dance classes from professional dancers.  She did ballroom, jazz funk, jazz, hip-hop, and contemporary, I think.  I am glad she was able to make it for the second day.  I have honestly been stressed about these last two weeks since November.  Just juggling her schedule with the musical and the last important rehearsals and performances for that, juxtaposed up against two back to back dance competitions.  Scheduling was intense at times but, it was nothing short of divine intervention with how everything stacked up and I am SO happy she was able to fit in the school musical with dance.  It was exhausting for both of us, but she has zero regrets, and that makes me so happy for her.  Marshall and Bridget both hung out with friends on Saturday night, and when I got home, I played Yahtzee with Rachel and Gretchen, a good evening!

Sunday was certainly a day of rest and that is exactly what we all needed.  After church, we ate lunch, played Yahtzee, and then Richard and I napped, Marshall vegged on the couch, and the girls played.  At 3:00 we went to my parents' house and spent the rest of the day there.  They are finally home after almost three weeks in New Zealand and it was so wonderful to see them and hug them and hear all about their amazing, amazing trip.  And they also fed us dinner, which we very much appreciated.  :)  





Our week is slightly less busy, which I am grateful for.  On Friday night we leave for London!  Hello Spring Break 2024, we're coming for you!  Wish us luck!

Love each one of you.

Richard, Jenny, Marshall, Bridget, Rachel and Gretchen :)

No comments: