Hello!
I am here to report a "regular" week in the Leake household, super busy, yes, but also very ordinary...which I am not going to lie...was wonderful! Here's a quick rundown...
Last Monday, Richard worked 7:00 am-4:00 pm, but at home! This is a new change in 2025, and we are loving it. That is an early shift that he used to have to drive to Ogden or Murray for, but it is beyond nice that it is at home! The kids all went off to school. I worked in the Charger Store that day, which is always a highlight! I got to see Bridget for a minute and have a blast hanging out with my friend, Kara. After that I dashed over to Viewmont to help with a lunch for the teachers, and two hours later I was back at Viewmont to help with Muffin Monday for the track team-it was a day of volunteering at the schools! Per the usual, Marshall was less than thrilled that I was showing my face in his territory, but I got him to at least say hi to me and he had multiple friends talk to me, so maybe he can learn from their example...parents are not the end of the world! Haha! Rachel and Gretchen both had dance that afternoon and evening and Bridget worked at the farm.
Tuesday morning after getting Rachel and Gretchen off to school, I went to PT. I have done four solid months of PT now and it has helped so much. Tuesday was an extra long day there...three hours, but it was so good. I am balancing on one leg, jumping on two feet, jumping/leaping from one foot to one foot, doing these killer calf raises that make me want to die, and generally dripping in sweat. Haha! My ankle is so much stronger, balance is getting better, and mobility, though still limited, is improving...slowly! I have my 6 month check-up with my surgeon at the end of February and I am excited to show off my skills and also to hear what the next steps will be. The rest of our day was normal. Dance for Rachel and Gretchen, and an evening at home with Marshall and Bridget, which is always very lovely.
Wednesday morning I had an early meeting at the elementary school to touch base on Gretchen's progress in speech therapy. She has been doing speech lessons at the school since last spring. Admittedly, I am terrible at paying attention to the details of her speech at home, and we have not been the greatest at practicing (life has been a lot lately!) so I felt like I have hardly seen improvement! But, turns out, she does great with her sh and r sounds when she is with the speech teacher! Haha! She still needs a little bit of help, and then lots of help using these new skills in everyday conversation, but she has a great foundation, and for that I am very thankful. The rest of the school day was routine, but once school was done, we all hit the ground running, literally! Between Richard, my Mom, me, and a neighbor, we pulled it all off! Marshall had track practice and then played in the pep band for the girls and boys basketball game. He got home around 9:00 pm. Bridget was home for a bit, and then went right back to the school because the jazz band was playing and helping amp up excitement for the band for the 7th grade registration. After she got home, she was off to YW's. Rachel and I had musical choreography from 3:30-5:00. It went great! After that, we quickly ran over to the junior high to register our little Rachel Louise for junior high...ahhhhh!!! After being in the school for less than 15 minutes, we were back in the car again to grab her some dinner before her piano lesson. Richard picked her up at 7:00, brought her home, and she jumped right into our YW class activity...I was running on fumes by this point! Gretchen, bless little Gretchen, walked home from school alone and hung out alone at home until my Mom picked her up at 4:45 for music class. It was a parent day, so my Mom stayed with her. Gretchen was not happy she had a grandparent instead of a parent, but when all was said and done, she reported it was pretty good. :) After that, it was off to dance! Needless to say, I was so happy when the evening was done and we were finally all home together with nowhere else to run to.
On Thursday, Richard just worked in Bountiful, which he is always happy about. He left our house early that morning so he could go to the temple before work. I went to PT again after the kids all left for school. After school, Gretchen had Mary Grace over to play, Rachel had dance and Bridget had piano. I hosted a PTA meeting at our house that evening...I am pulling together a fun run fundraiser for our school. This is actually something I have wanted to do since moving to Utah, and by golly, I am finally doing it! Bless all the women who have agreed to help me.
Friday! We made it to the weekend...yay! Richard was back in Bountiful for work. Rachel and Gretchen both had play practice after school. Marshall had another Friday night race at the Olympic Oval that he and I went to. This was a fun one because his cousin, Benson, was in his same heat! Ben, Lisa, and I were there to cheer the boys on. Marshall has been stuck up against a mental wall with his mile time...he can't break 5:20, so he was a little bummed, but he still had fun with his friends and running with Benson. It was a fun way to spend a Friday evening. Marshall convinced me to let him drive us home, and after standing outside of the car and taking some deep breaths for a minute, I relented! Ah! He did a great job though and navigated Bangerter Highway, I-215, and I-15. While we were gone, Gretchen had an extra dance rehearsal, and then played with Naomi. Rachel was off with friends and Bridget played with Cambria. A fun and relaxing evening for all!
Saturday! We all got to sleep in a bit, which was very nice and also needed! By 8:15, Richard and I were out of the house to drop Marshall's car off for routine maintenance and Marshall was off to track practice. Bridget had a farm meeting at 10:00 am, and towards the end of the meeting, a goat went into labor and Bridget got to see another birth. This one was more intense because it was a 9 lb baby and the hind legs came out first. Bridget said it was intense, but she still loved it! This girl! She amazes me! She was home a little after noon, and then I took her back to the farm at 3:00 so she and Cambria could play with the babies before they did evening chores. Rachel had a two hour dance rehearsal that afternoon, then after coming home and getting jobs done, she was back out with friends for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Gretchen and I went to a music composition meeting with her music teacher that morning, and then Gretchen dragged her jobs on for literally the whole day before having Naomi over to play that evening. Marshall did homework, relaxed and then that night Richard and I introduced him to the Mandarin by bringing takeout home. My parents will get a kick out of this because I loathed the Mandarin until I was in college-haha!
We had a lovely Sunday yesterday. Bridget was set apart as the first counselor in her YW's class presidency, and then she had a two hour presidency meeting after church...so we will see how this goes! Haha! The rest of us had a very relaxing afternoon. I talked to Kevin on the phone and got to do a video call to see darling Alice. We did watch the Superbowl, quite a boring game, with I believe only one Taylor Swift sighting! Once the game was over, we had FHE and scones for dessert before sending everyone to bed.
Well, that's a wrap! Love each of you.
Richard, Jenny, Marshall, Bridget, Rachel and Gretchen :)



No comments:
Post a Comment