So, between Richard (a 3rd year medical student) and myself (a little bit of a worrier), here are some of the things we have discussed in the last week regarding Marshall and his development...
*We are worried that his limbs are too short, especially his legs. He is almost 15 months old and is wearing 12 month pants that we are still rolling up two inches. Richard is scared to death that he is only going to be 5'4". Richard is worried that Marshall has some weird Toney/Yancey gene because the Leakes all have long legs and short torsos and Marshall is exactly the opposite.
*As you all know, Marshall has a very large head, which I just love, but Richard is now concerned that it is growing too big front to back and not side to side at all. We really talked about getting the approximate measurements for a 15 month old head.
*Lastly, his speech. The more I think about it, I don't think that any parent of a 15 month old should be worried about their child's speech, I mean they're only 15 months old. But, while Marshall is definitely a babbler, he doesn't say any real words. But, then again, he has completely mastered four different animal sounds, I guess we'll stick with that.
Wow, can you all tell that we are first time parents and big worriers?! The more I think about these things the less I worry and the more I laugh, we may be just a little crazy!
The Forest of Vanishing Stars
4 years ago
8 comments:
Oh man, do we worry. I have been worried about Mae's speech thinking she is like me and will need ear tubes. Mae is still in 12 month jeans and they drag a bit, but I have extremely short legs. :) Worry shows that you care for your little boy.
jenny you guys are funny! maybe his head will be the predictor of his height since he seems pretty up there for head circumference right? ...haha I think boys just dont like to talk as much. they're more hands on types ya know! I hear ya though about the worries.
LOL! I loved your post! You have nothing to worry about. But, you make me laugh!
Everyone freaked out that Adalie never crawled or even attempted it until she was almost 11 months old....she walks just fine now as a two year old.....as long as his dr. says he is fine I would not worry about.
Animal sounds totally count as words! But we worried about speech, too. I asked Karisa to hang out with Harry one afternoon so she could tell me if she thought he needed speech therapy. You are definitely not alone!
Every child grows and develops at different speeds. My friend had a little girl who didn't walk until she was 18 months! She just didn't care about walking and she's just fine! I know how it is to worry though. Kids sure do make you worry....big time!
We were worried about Reese's speech, too! The doctor ended up putting her in speech therapy over the summer. Anyway, she talks a ton now and I think she just needed time. Don't worry! He'll talk!
Richard,
The only thing you two should worry about is if he looks like you! He He He. Go Cougs
Rob
Post a Comment