Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Drive

I now begin many posts detailing our month in Utah. I am going to include some boring details that you probably won't be interested in, but there are some things I want to remember years from now. So, here it goes...

We were lucky enough to be able to spend the month of September in Utah. Richard had an away-rotation for medical school in Sports Medicine with Utah Valley Hospital in Provo and my work kindly gave me the entire month off so we could all be in Utah. Richard lived with my cousin and her family in Provo and Marshall and I spent the month with my family in Centerville and also paid a visit to Richard's parents in Vernal.

We left Milwaukee on August 28 in the afternoon after I finished a work commitment. We drove all the way to Lincoln, Nebraska that first day. Overall the drive went great and Marshall handled it all fairly well. In the end we were incredibly grateful for Grandma Becky's portable DVD player; we couldn't have made the trip without it!

We also introduced Marshall to the movie "Cars" on this trip and he fell in love with it. So here he is watching the movie and holding the case.

Anyway, on our second day we drove to Green River, Wyoming. It was a LONG day and Wyoming is UGLY-but we made it! We got there early enough to have dinner, relax, and spend some time with Richard's parents who met us there to drop off a car for Richard to use during the month. Here are my two cute boys enjoying some electronic time together before hitting the sack. :)

The next morning we finished our drive to Centerville, with a stop in the glorious and beautiful Park City. I must say driving on I-80 and coming in to Summit County was breathtaking. Those mountains are amazing! If I hadn't been driving I would have snapped a picture.

So, that's the drive. We all survived and overall it really was a positive experience. I was just glad we didn't have to reverse it until four weeks later!


2 comments:

Nate said...

Come on now its not too ugly...GR is my home town ;).

Christina said...

Hey - this is Christina (Squire) Higgins. You mentioned 2 of my homes in this post! My husband and I just moved from Lincoln, NE, to Vernal. I hope Nebraska treated you well. I know it is a long drive, but I love it.

Is Richard from Vernal? We've been here just over a month and we really like it.