Sunday, October 17, 2010

Richard's Birthday-The Big 30!

Richard celebrated his 30th birthday on September 4. His birthday fell on a perfect day this year- a Saturday, and BYU's opening season game. Little did we know it would be the only Cougar win Richard would be able to see in September. :) Anyway, onto the big day...

That morning Marshall and I drove to Provo to meet Richard at BYU after he finished up his morning clinic at the hospital. This was to be Marshall's first BYU football game, so of course, he needed to be completely decked out in BYU apparel.


Once we got to Provo we took Marshall to the BYU Bookstore. I really wish we could have had the entire experience on video. Marshall was running around and pointing to almost everything he saw saying "Y, football, helmet, Y, Y, Y!" It was so funny! He had never seen so much BYU paraphernalia; he was so excited!

After the Bookstore experience we just walked around campus for a little while. It sure is a beautiful place. I love, love, love those mountains!

After that we went to my cousin's house, where Richard was living for the month, so I could visit with her. It was great to see Emily and her adorable little girl. Unfortunately this visit passed us by without any pictures, but it was good nonetheless!

Later that afternoon we met Richard's parents at the Olive Garden for Richard's birthday lunch. As you can tell, Marshall had a great, and very messy time.



He really did eat quite a bit, but by the end he was getting a little out of control.










Marshall and I ended up leaving the table early so Richard and his parents could enjoy the rest of their meal in peace. :)


After lunch it was off to the stadium. Marshall was captivated by the crowd, the band, and of course the football game. Look at that expression-he's just taking it all in!

Marshall really did very well at the game, considering he is so young. He made it almost all the way through the first half before I needed to take him out to run around. He was in and out a little more during the second half, but overall, it was a success.









And here's the only picture we have of Richard on his birthday. Oh well, I'm sure Richard doesn't mind, and he was pretty wrapped up in experiencing all of these BYU first's with Marshall. :)

It was a great day for Richard though. He increased his BYU wardrobe, the Cougars won, and he got to spend the day with his beautiful wife and adorable son!



No comments: