Not too sure why I am posting this, but what the heck! Here I am 37 1/2 weeks pregnant-wow!
And now to share a funny moment I had yesterday...
I'm sure that every pregnant woman has had her share of rude/awkward/insensitive remarks made to her about her appearance and bulging belly. Well, I got to experience a funny one yesterday. I was not offended, more humored by the situation.
I will not disclose my location, but I will say that the woman I was talking to is an acquaintance and has children of her own, so she's obviously been pregnant before and knows what its like. So, here's how it went...
Woman: You look like you are just about ready to have that baby. When is your due date?
Me: Less than three weeks! I'm due March 10.
Woman: Oh, so you still have quite a few pounds to pack on yet.
Me: smiling and laughing, um...maybe.
Woman: Well, that's when the baby grows the most, that last month is when all the weight comes on.
Me: Actually, I just had a doctor appointment yesterday and I lost two pounds from the week before.
Woman: Well, let's just hope that came off of you and not the baby.
Again, not offended, just incredibly amused and somewhat baffled by it all. Gotta love all the comments and unnecessary belly touching you receive when you are pregnant!
4 comments:
Aren't you just the cutest pregnant lady anyone has ever seen? Can't wait to see pictures of that new baby!
You look great!! I'm so excited for you to have your baby. Be sure to post pics when you have her!
You're so cute Jenny! Hang in there! I hope the delivery goes well!
Wow. Is it even possible for a fetus to lose weight? What a strange and funny comment.
And it's true - you look amazing!
Post a Comment