Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Indiana

After our time in Nauvoo, we once again packed up the vans and drove to Indiana where my brother's family lives.  I have been a bad sister and have not made a visit to my brother since he moved to Indiana last August.  They are just a mere 4-5 hours away, but I avoid that drive through Chicago at all costs!  So, after almost a year of them living there it was good to visit them.  They have a new little girl (not so new anymore) and it was great to meet her.  And of course, Marshall and Benson had a ball together; such cute little cousins.  

While we were there we played at a park, went to a train station, and did a lot of relaxing.  By this point in our trip we were all pretty wiped out and it was super hot in Indiana that weekend so we were mostly content to hang out indoors.  My parents also took Marshall and Benson on a little cousins outing to the local zoo.  All four of them had a blast and Marshall is still talking about it.  

Darling Annalisa.  She is eight months old and I'm positive she has a couple of pounds on Bridget.  :)

Marshall and Benson waiting for a train.




Bridget:  dark hair, dark eyes, small, serious.  Annalisa:  light hair, blue eyes, chunky, bubbly. 


Lunch at a great little calzone restaurant.  I think they had over 30 calzones to choose from.  Afterward Richard and I treated ourselves to a smore calzone...delicious. 


Uncle Jordan, what a great uncle.  What a great face I captured.  :)

These two little boys got in lots of good uncle time. 

Another expressive face.  :)


Thanks to Ben and Lisa with putting up with all of us for the entire weekend and keeping us happy and fed.  We sure had a great time!

And, as a side note, our drive home was not bad at all considering we had to drive through Chicago.  This was Marshall's first time driving through Chicago without throwing up.  A success.  :)

No comments: