Friday, June 15, 2012

Visit From The Toneys

A couple of weeks ago my family (parents, three of my brothers, and one sister-in-law) arrived in Milwaukee for two whole days of fun.  We made the absolute most of their two days here and gave them a unique Milwaukee experience.  It was such a fun time.  

We began with a boat tour.  This was by far my favorite thing we did.  It was a 90 minute tour of the Milwaukee River, the port, and Lake Michigan.  




Bridget must have been very overwhelmed with all of this.  She elected to spend most of her time in her stroller.


We passed under several bridges.  Some split in half and raised up and others lifted up the entire bridge while staying horizontal.  Marshall loved this.

If Richard loved water as much as I do I would talk him into retiring at a lovely lakeside condo.  I have about 30 years to convince him this is the place for us.  :)







This is how Marshall ended the cruise. 
 We also toured the Sprecher Brewery.  They have been around since 1985 and while they produce beer, root beer is their biggest seller!  It was a pretty interesting tour, bu the best part was the endless free samples of their soda at the end!  I had only ever had their root beer, but we tried all six flavors and I discovered their orange cream soda to be delicious!  Richard's favorite was their cream soda.  Yum, yum, yum.

 
The next day we hit up Country Spring Water Park.  Also a place I had never been, but Marshall had been begging to go swimming with my family and the temperatures weren't quite warm enough for an outdoor pool.  We had such a fun morning there.  Well, some had more fun than others.

This was Bridget's second time at a water park.  Can you tell that she hated it?!  Same reaction she had in January.  Someone always had to be holding her.  Fortunately, she was not a paid admission!  I am happy to report though that today after one hour of coaxing she ventured toward a slip n'slide.  :)

Do you see Marshall's head poking out of that raft?  Trust me, he LOVED this slide.  It was the only big slide he could go down and it was a three person raft.  He rode this time and time again for about two hours.  As soon as he would come down he would name who he wanted to go down with next.  He went with all of us at least once.  I love water slides and I am happy to see he shares my excitement.  We have fun years ahead!
That night we all went to AJ Bombers for dinner.  Hands down best hamburger I have ever had.  Richard and I had been there once right before Bridget was born and I have been wanting to go back for months.  Just as good as I remembered.  




Bridget was dancing to their music all during dinner.

All restaurants should have games.  Great kid-occupier.  :)
Besides all of that we enjoyed playing outside, endless attention from uncles and an aunt, a BBQ and dinner outside, custard from Murf's, and some of the family went to a Brewers game only to see them lose to the Cubs 10-0!

It was a jam-packed two days, but oh so fun!  Thanks for the visit Toneys!  Looking forward to next time.  :)

No comments: