Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Bridget at 18 Months


This little girl is 18 months old today!  She's a spunky little thing with a mind of her own and we are so glad she's a part of our family.  Here are some things about Bridget at 18 months:

*Height:  33 3/4 inches (95%), Weight:  21 lbs. 13.5 oz. (40%), Head:  49.5 cm. (99%)

*She loves, loves, loves her binkies, blankets, and cougar.  I think I have been writing this since she was six months old, but those three things are just about guaranteed to calm her down.

*She refuses to drink milk from a sippy cup.  Because of this she was taking two bottles a day until Friday when her pediatrician told me I had to stop.  :)  She has had zero milk since then, even though we give it to her in a cup at every meal.

*Despite her lack of milk, she out-eats Marshall at every meal of the day, especially dinner.  Her current favorite foods are:  mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, tater tots, strawberries, grapes, applesauce, gogurt, eggs, pancakes, cereal bars, and some crackers and cereal.

*She has pretty much mastered feeding herself with a spoon.

*When she walks and runs she uses her left arm as a propeller and it is hilarious to watch.  It is either straight and swinging viciously as she moves or it is bent and held across her chest, but still moving with just as much force.  So determined.

*She loves dogs!  Lucky for her, our neighborhood is full of dogs and we see at least one just about every time we are outside.  

*She loves to imitate things we do.  If I put lotion on, she will pretend to do the same.  Anytime someone is brushing their teeth she runs to the bathroom, demands her toothbrush, and stands on Marshall's stool to spit into the sink and rinse off her toothbrush.  

*She has all of her teeth.

*She says:  daddy, mommy, outside, inside, up, please, dog, car, ball, purse, hi, bye-bye.

*We are almost certain that she will be left handed.  She typically picks up food with her left hand and always puts her spoon in her left hand.

*She's been in nursery for three months and loves it.  The last month she has been sad when I leave, but quickly calms down and has fun.

We love you Bridget!

Another example of imitating.  :)


Love this picture.
The other night after dinner I walked into the living room and discovered Bridget just like this.  I guess she knows how to relax after a good meal.





1 comment:

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

She could model...what a sweetheart.