Our Bridget Lene' is seven years old. SEVEN! I can hardly believe it. I have a brother who never ages in my eyes, even though he is now 24. For some reason, Bridget is the same way for me. I still think of her as a two and three year old, and so with every birthday I am blown away with how much she has grown and changed.
These are the things I always want to remember about Bridget at seven.
*Bridget is still a lover of sugar cereal. She does occasionally eat frosted mini wheats, so at least we have that going for us! Her favorite breakfast food is crepes, slathered in syrup, again, loves the sugar! She is currently on a strike with waffles, which is slightly annoying. She still only drinks water, with chocolate milk only occasionally.
*Despite her pickiness, Bridget LOVES school lunch. Bless her soul. One less thing for me to do in the morning! At school, she will eat orange chicken, carrots, BBQ pork sandwiches, kiwi, mashed potatoes. She won't eat any of that at home! A few weeks ago, after telling me all the food she ate for lunch, I told her I was glad she eats at least one good meal a day and I asked her why she does not eat like that at home. In true Bridget fashion, with complete honesty, but said in the sweetest voice, she looked at me and said, "Well the food you make is terrible!" I just about died laughing.
*Bridget is our peacemaker. Just this morning, Marshall, Bridget, and Rachel were all trying to play together. It was not going so well between Marshall and Rachel, and there was Bridget, in between them, happily playing, and calmly offering up suggestions as to how they could solve the problem. Bridget is so quick to adapt and change her plan when needed, and rarely gets ruffled about it.
*Bridget's reading has taken off this school year, and I love listening to her read. A few weeks ago she finished all of the 1st grade reading levels, which she was thrilled about. She hated those books she had to bring home every week! Now she gets to read chapter books of her choosing and is delighted. She is currently loving the Ivy and Bean series. Bridget also loves math. She loves it at school and it is the first homework she chooses to do at home.
*Bridget continues to love art, and has also developed a more recent love of writing stories. She can frequently be found writing and illustrating a new book.
*Bridget is a great sister. Marshall loves to play with her, and she loves it just as much. Rachel adores Bridget, and the first thing Rachel asks me when waking up in the morning is if Bridget has school that day. Bridget loves to hug and kiss Gretchen first thing in the morning and just before bed. Yesterday afternoon I left Bridget home with napping Gretchen while I picked Rachel up from preschool. When I got home, Bridget met me at the door, beaming with a smile from ear to ear, and there was Gretchen, sitting on the stairs. Gretchen woke up right after I left, and Bridget had gotten her out of the crib all by herself. She was pleased as punch.
*Bridget still adores Richard and expresses most of her affection during dinner, literally trying to eat as close to him as possible. This just about drives Richard crazy as he can hardly move his arms to eat, but he sure appreciates her love.
*Bridget is independent and a problem solver. She does not need the usual reassurances our other kids do and is just happy and content to go with the flow.
We love this girl and we are so glad she has been a part of our family for seven years!
*Bridget is our peacemaker. Just this morning, Marshall, Bridget, and Rachel were all trying to play together. It was not going so well between Marshall and Rachel, and there was Bridget, in between them, happily playing, and calmly offering up suggestions as to how they could solve the problem. Bridget is so quick to adapt and change her plan when needed, and rarely gets ruffled about it.
*Bridget's reading has taken off this school year, and I love listening to her read. A few weeks ago she finished all of the 1st grade reading levels, which she was thrilled about. She hated those books she had to bring home every week! Now she gets to read chapter books of her choosing and is delighted. She is currently loving the Ivy and Bean series. Bridget also loves math. She loves it at school and it is the first homework she chooses to do at home.
*Bridget continues to love art, and has also developed a more recent love of writing stories. She can frequently be found writing and illustrating a new book.
*Bridget is a great sister. Marshall loves to play with her, and she loves it just as much. Rachel adores Bridget, and the first thing Rachel asks me when waking up in the morning is if Bridget has school that day. Bridget loves to hug and kiss Gretchen first thing in the morning and just before bed. Yesterday afternoon I left Bridget home with napping Gretchen while I picked Rachel up from preschool. When I got home, Bridget met me at the door, beaming with a smile from ear to ear, and there was Gretchen, sitting on the stairs. Gretchen woke up right after I left, and Bridget had gotten her out of the crib all by herself. She was pleased as punch.
*Bridget still adores Richard and expresses most of her affection during dinner, literally trying to eat as close to him as possible. This just about drives Richard crazy as he can hardly move his arms to eat, but he sure appreciates her love.
*Bridget is independent and a problem solver. She does not need the usual reassurances our other kids do and is just happy and content to go with the flow.
We love this girl and we are so glad she has been a part of our family for seven years!

















No comments:
Post a Comment