Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bridget at Nine Months

Bridget is nine months old! Even though it feels like ages since I was pregnant with her, I look back at the time and wonder where it has gone! I feel like her precious little baby-hood has just flown by, much quicker than it did with Marshall. Ah, I'm getting sentimental. Anyway, here are some things about "B", as we frequently call her.

*17 lbs. 8 oz (50%) and 28 7/8 inches (90%). Richard is very happy about her height. Last night we were saying that it would be funny if she ended up being taller than Marshall. :)

*She can hold her own bottle.

*She loves the baby puffs, hates the yogurt melts, and is indifferent about cheese.

*She started pulling herself up to standing at 8 1/2 months.

*Just tonight she started pushing her little toy table around on our wooden floor and walked almost the entire length of the living room.

*She can be very, very emotional. This mostly just happens when she is tired though, but it drives Richard crazy and he blames it on being a woman. :)

*She babbles by saying dada and baba. And says
"I love daddy"

*She is super flexible. She has perfected downward dog. (I have tried SO many times to get a picture of this, but every time I pull out the camera she looks up at me and stops doing it.) She also frequently sleeps bent in half, meaning she has her legs crossed in front of her and she just bends down over her legs and goes to sleep.

*She loves, loves, loves her soft blankets. Almost every time we get her out of her crib she brings a blanket with her. When she is tired or sad the first thing to console her is a soft blanket.

*She has fun with Marshall, most of the time. :) This morning they spent one hour crawling around upstairs together.

*She can clap her hands and she will do it when she is asked.

*She loves toys that make music.

*She still loves her feet and usually goes most of the day without socks because she won't keep them on her feet.

*This girl goes crazy in the bathtub. As soon as you sit her in the water she arches her back to throw herself down into the water. She kicks her legs and flaps her arms. By the time the bath is over there is water all over us and the bathroom. All four grandparents have seen this fiasco now and think it is hilarious.

I absolutely adore this little girl and I'm so glad that she is here. There surely is something special about having a daughter. We love you Bridget!

***************************************************

Here is my best picture of her downward dog. She typically has her legs and arms completely straight and her head is through her arms and touching the ground.

I adore this picture. When I saw Bridget's expression I just started laughing. Love it.

Look at that grin!

And now for a couple of videos, mainly for the grandparents.

My mom requested a video of Bridget crawling. So here's one. She sure loves that bottle.



And taken just tonight, she's a semi-walker!



No comments: