Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lucky Seven


Today Richard and I celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary!  May 6, 2005 was our special day.  

Weeks ago I told Richard that I wanted to celebrate this occasion with no presents, just a dinner out to a place we had never been and I didn't care how much it cost.  :)  He reminded me that it did matter how much it cost and so I crossed off all the super-expensive restaurants off of my list.  We finally agreed on Maxie's Southern Comfort.  It met all my criteria:  new place, great reviews, it wasn't going to cost $100, and we even had a gift card.  I must also mention I had heard great things about the key lime pie and my mouth had been watering all day for it.  On our way to the baby-sitter's house I called Maxie's to get our name on the list.  I was greeted by a recording that said they were holding their 5th annual Kentucky Derby Party and that it was a $7 cover charge per person and that they weren't accepting call-ahead reservations because it was such a busy night.  Well, there went my key lime pie.  :(  

So, after dropping the kids off at Karisa's (thank you!), we brainstormed some other ideas and ended up at Ballesteri's.  It was good food, but not mouthwatering, so we will never go back and I was in mourning about my key lime pie all night long.

But, despite our dinner fiasco, it was a grand evening.  Richard and I haven't been out together in weeks and it was wonderful to have 2 1/2 hours of great conversation and laughter.  We were talking about things that happened to us days ago and we really needed that catch-up time!

This last year of marriage sure has been an exciting one.  With Richard graduating, starting a job that pays, moving into a house, and having our first (of hopefully many) vacations away without kids its been quite a year.

I feel very blessed to have Richard in my life.  (Sorry for the mush.)  He is a perfect husband for me and a fantastic father.  

Happy anniversary to us!

Two side notes:
1) We were so young back then.  Seven years sure has aged us.
2)  Photography has come  a LONG way in seven years!  Sometimes I wish we were just getting married so we could re-do our wedding pictures.  Fortunately I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.  :)

1 comment:

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

Time has only made you guys more beautiful. We love you Leake's. Congrats on making it to the 7 year itch mark. Glad you got a night out...(I do know for a fact that Anna has an amazing Key lime pie recipe btw)