Tuesday, May 29, 2012

While Richard Was Gone

Richard was in Utah this last week, Wednesday through Saturday, to take a two-day board exam.  I made a whole list of things I wanted to do with the kids to pass the time.  We had a fun-filled few days.

We made cookies.



We went to the library.



We saw this funny-looking tree.  This was an unplanned event. :)


We have some neighbors who are moving so we stopped by their rummage sale and scored two awesome floor puzzles and some books for Bridget.  



Went for a walk/run on the Menomonee River Parkway.  Poor Bridget, confined in a stroller.  Poor Marshall, such awkward smiles.






We played at the park.

This is one of my new favorite pictures.  But, I cannot get over how old they both look here.  Yes, 3 and 1 are old.

We hit up the new restaurant in town.  Okay, its been here for over a year, but we finally stopped in.  Can you guess which one is Marshall's?





By Saturday morning this is how we all felt...

Pooped.


I think its safe to say, we effectively passed the time and completely wore us out while doing so.

Non-pictured events were:

Playgroup
Multiple runs for both me and Marshall
And a fantastic Saturday evening spent with old friends visiting Milwaukee

And just to document that I did a few things for myself...

I watched a great documentary, "Birth Moms".  Fascinating.
 I watched "The Princess Bride".  I've been wanting to do that since finishing the book.
 Finished "Psion Beta" a book I started in December and started its sequel.

Despite all of this fun, we were SO happy to pick Richard up at the airport on Sunday afternoon!

No comments: